|Look up SAD or sad in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The word sad refers to an emotional condition.
SAD or sad may refer to:
Disorders and medical conditions
- Schizoaffective disorder, a psychiatric diagnosis with symptoms of a mood disorder and schizophrenia
- Seasonal affective disorder, a mood disorder with depressive symptoms peaking annually, commonly in winter
- Separation anxiety disorder, a psychological condition related to anxiety of separation from home or from people
- Sexual arousal disorder, the inability to attain or maintain typical responses to sexual arousal
- Social anxiety disorder, a diagnosis referring to excessive anxiety in social situations
- Syncope, Angina, and Dyspnea, classic symptoms of severe aortic stenosis
Technology and science
- Selected area diffraction, a crystallographic experimental technique that can be performed inside a transmission electron microscope
- Silicon Avalanche Diode, an electronic component
- Single wavelength anomalous dispersion, a technique used in X-ray crystallography to determine the structure of proteins
- Sum of absolute differences, a simple metric for motion estimation in video compression
- Sum of absolute deviations (or least absolute deviations), a mathematical optimization technique
- Sagittal Abdominal Diameter, one's "front-to-back" body diameter at the waistline
- Singles Awareness Day, a humorous holiday celebrated on February 14
- Standard American Diet, a phrase associated with diet-related obesity in the United States
- SAD, a planned film about the Standard American Diet scrapped after actor Corey Haim died
- Systems Analysis and Design, an interdisciplinary part of science
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.