Cromie St, the very wide main street of Rupanyup
|Elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Yarriambiack|
Rupanyup (pron.: // rə-PAN-yəp) is a small town in rural Victoria, Australia. As of the 2006 census it had a population of 624. The name Rupanyup is an Aboriginal word meaning 'branch hanging over water'.
The Post Office opened on 22 February 1875 as Karkarooc and was renamed Rupanyup in 1876.
Golfers play at the course of the Rupanyup Golf Club on Frayne Avenue.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Rupanyup (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2007-10-01.
- Rupanyup - Yarriambiack Shire Council
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11
- Full Points Footy, Horsham_District, retrieved 2008-07-25[dead link]
- Golf Select, Rupanyup, retrieved 2009-05-11
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Rupanyup|
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|