|Full name||Roman Aleksandrovich
15 August 1983 |
Belovo, Kemerovo Oblast,
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||94 kg (207 lb)|
Roman Aleksandrovich Konstantinov (Russian: Роман Александрович Константинов; born August 15, 1983 in Belovo, Kemerovo Oblast) is a Russian weightlifter. He won the bronze medal for the 94 kg class at the 2006 World Weightlifting Championships in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, and eventually claimed his first ever career title at the 2007 World Weightlifting Championships in Chiang Mai, Thailand, with a total of 397 kg. He also added a silver medal to his collection from the 2007 European Weightlifting Championships in Strasbourg, France.
Konstantinov represented Russia at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, where he competed for the men's middle heavyweight category (94 kg), against several top-class weightlifters, including his teammate Khadzhimurat Akkayev, Kazakhstan's Ilya Ilin, and three-time Olympians Nizami Pashayev of Azerbaijan and Szymon Kołecki of Poland. Konstantinov placed eighth in this event, as he successfully lifted 175 kg in the single-motion snatch, and hoisted 212 kg in the two-part, shoulder-to-overhead clean and jerk, for a total of 387 kg.
- "Roman Konstantinov Biography and Olympic Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Ilin clinches men's 94kg gold in weightlifting worlds". Xinhua. 7 October 2006. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Roman Konstantinov of Russia takes gold medal in weightlifting worlds". Xinhua (People's Daily Online (China)). 24 September 2007. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Silver winners return to Men's 94kg". Xinhua (China.org.cn). 16 August 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Men's 94kg (207 lbs)". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|