|Date of birth:October 7, 1979|
|Place of birth: Cleveland, Ohio|
|College: Ohio State|
|NFL Draft: 2001 / Round: 6 / Pick: 181|
|Debuted in 2001|
|Last played in 2007|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Rodney Dwayne Bailey (born October 7, 1979) is a former American football defensive end who most recently played for the Arizona Cardinals of the NFL. He is a graduate of The Ohio State University and completed his degree in only 3.5 years.
A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Bailey attended St. Edward High School in nearby Lakewood, Ohio and was a letterman in football. In football, he was named the Cleveland Division I Player of the Year by The Plain Dealer, and was a first team Division I Associated All-State pick. In addition, he was named the Cleveland Touchdown Club player of the year and was named to numerous high school All-American teams. He graduated from St. Edward in 1997.
Entering Ohio State, Bailey was listed as one of the top 40 high school recruits in United States. Bailey started as a true freshman and started 34 games in total. His senior year, Bailey was named a co-captain, named an all-Big Ten selection and was honored as team defensive player of the year.
• Drafted in the 6th round by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Played all 16 games with one start.
• Recorded 12 tackles (11 solo) and 2 sacks.
• Played all 16 games and 2 postseason games for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Recorded 18 tackles (15 solo), 5.5 sacks, and a fumble recovery.
• Played all 16 games for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Recorded 9 tackles (6 solo) and 2 sacks.
• Signed September 14 to the Seattle Seahawks and played 8 games.
• Recorded 13 tackles (8 solos) and 2 forced fumbles.
• Played in 12 games for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• Played in 50th game as a member of the Steelers.
In 2009, St. Edward announced that Bailey would be inducted into the school's Athletic Hall of Fame.
- "Recruiting Commitments". Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "2000 All Big Ten Teams". Retrieved 2007-08-07.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language