Rishab Aiyer Ghosh
|Occupation||Journalist, Computer scientist|
Rishab Aiyer Ghosh (born 1975) is an Indian journalist, computer scientist and Open-source software advocate. An Open Source Initiative board member, he is Founding International and Managing Editor of peer-reviewed journal First Monday, and Programme Leader of Free/Libre and Open Source Software at UNU-MERIT. Ghosh has undertaken several studies on free software, which he terms "FLOSS" - an alternative term for free software which he is credited with coining. FLOSS emphasizes the essential value of the terms "free" (meaning without cost) and "libre" (meaning with few or no restrictions). Ghosh's work represents an effort to reshape the global understanding of FLOSS, including the governmental and academic spheres.
- Noronha, Frederick (October 02, 2002). "Europe Takes a Deeper Look at Free/Libre and Open-Source Software". Linux Journal. Linux Journal. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Rishab Aiyer Ghosh; Vipul Ved Prakash (July 2000). "The Orbiten Free Software Survey". First Monday 5 (7).
- Noronha, Frederick (August 16, 2007). "Book review: Free/Open Source Software: Network Infrastructure and Security by Gaurab Raj Upadhyaya". Free Software Magazine. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Rishab Aiyer Ghosh|
- Rishab Aiyer Ghosh at UNU-MERIT
- Collaborative Creativity Group at UNU-MERIT
- Grossman, Wendy M. (January 31, 2007). "Getting to the root of open source". The Inquirer (Incisive Media Investments Limited 2011). Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Noronha, Frederick (June 9, 2003). "Liberation Technology". Linux Journal. Linux Journal. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- "The liquidity of innovation". The Economist (The Economist Newspaper Limited). October 20, 2005. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- "India sits on the fence in open source debate". Indian Express.com. The Indian Express Limited. April 27, 2004. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Sheriff, Lucy (January 15, 2007). "Open source is good for the economy: report". The Register. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Krishnan, Sruthi (June 7, 2009). "A search engine that ranks people’s influence". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Jones, K.C. (January 25, 2008). "Wikipedia To Learn More About Its Volunteers". Information Week. UBM TechWeb. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Vosters, Mike (January 29, 2011). "Topsy: Interview with Rishab Aiyer Ghosh, Co-Founder". Web Trends/Forward Thinking. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a technologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language