Ricardo Cortés (illustrator)
Ricardo Cortés (born 1973) is an illustrator and author. He has written and illustrated a children's book about marijuana: It's Just a Plant. He illustrated Go the Fuck to Sleep, Adam Mansbach's bedtime story for adults, and I Don't Want To Blow You Up!, a coloring book with pages devoted to famous Muslims who are not terrorists.
A 2011 project is to raise money to distribute an illustrated booklet about jury nullification (under the title Jury Independence Illustrated). The intention is to educate the public (specifically potential jurors) about their ability to acquit a defendant because the jury (or juror) disagrees with the law in question. A grant of $2,000 has been provided by the Department of Cultural Affairs' Greater New York Arts Development.
- Cortés, Ricardo; Rosenbaum, Marsha (2005). It's just a plant : a children's story about marijuana (1st ed.). Brooklyn, N.Y.: Magic Propaganda Mill. ISBN 978-0-9760117-0-5. OCLC 58481877.
- Harris, Devon; Cortés, Ricardo (2008). Yes, I can! : the story of the Jamaican bobsled team. Congers, NY: Waterhouse Pub. ISBN 978-0-9764082-5-3. OCLC 229031466.
- Cortés, Ricardo; Hastie, F. Bowman (2008). I Don't Want To Blow You Up! A Children's Coloring Book on Terrorism and Fear. Magic Propaganda Mill. ISBN 978-0-9760117-4-3. OCLC 213448527.
- Mansbach, Adam; Cortés, Ricardo (2011). Go the Fuck to Sleep. Akashic Books. ISBN 978-1-61775-025-0. OCLC 709680954.
- "Interview: Ricardo Cortes of 'It's Just a Plant'". Hightimes.com (in hightimes). May 24, 2006. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- "It's Just a Plant: about the book". Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Harmanci, Reyhan (April 28, 2011). "A Whim, A Book, And, Wow!". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- Witt, Emily (May 17, 2011). "The ABCs of Jury Nullification". The New York Observer. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- Boog, Jason (May 16, 2011). "Ricardo Cortes Hopes To Distribute Free Illustrated Booklet about Jury Independence". WebMediaBrands Inc. p. Mediabistro. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
|This article about an American illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|