||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (July 2012)|
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Key people||Anil Ambani, Chairman|
|Products||Radio, Movies, Movie Rental|
|Parent||Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group|
Reliance Entertainment (formerly known as Reliance BIG Entertainment) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group handling its media and entertainment business, across content and distribution platforms.
The key content initiative are across Movies, Music, Sports, Gaming, Internet & mobile portals, leading to direct opportunities in delivery across the emerging digital distribution platforms: digital cinema, IPTV, DTH and Mobile TV.
Reliance ADA Group acquired Adlabs Films Limited in 2005, one of the largest entertainment companies in India, which has interests in film processing, production, exhibition & digital cinema.
Reliance BIG Entertainment made an entry into the FM Radio business through Adlabs Radio Big 92.7 FM. Having won 45 stations in the bidding, BIG 92.7 FM was India’s largest private FM radio network with 12 radio stations across the country as on 28 February 2007, with more being launched in the following months.
Big Cinemas is India’s largest cinema chain with over 516 screens spread across India, Nepal, US, Malaysia and Netherlands. The chain caters to over 35 million consumers. BIG Cinemas has established leadership in film exhibition in India with 253 screens and accounts for 10 to 15% of box office contributions of large movies.
- Reliance Broadcast Network Limited
- Big 92.7 FM - Radio Division
- Big CBS - General Entertainment Channel Division
- Big Live - Events and BTL Activations Division
- Big Street - Out of Home Advertising Division
- Big Digital - Digital Content Development, Internet Radio and New Media Division
- Big Productions - TV Production Division
- Big Broadcasting - TV Broadcasting Division
- Reliance MediaWorks Ltd
- Reliance Big Pictures - Movie Production & Distribution Division
- Big TV - Direct To Home Satellite TV Division
- Big Music - Record Label Division
- BIGFlix - Online Retail & Distribution Division
- Bigadda - Online Social Networking Division
- DreamWorks Pictures (50% owned)
- Zapak - Digital and Online Gaming Division
- Jump Games (ParadoX Studios)
- Big Animation (AniRights Infomedia)
- Big Home Entertainment - Home Video Division
- Codemasters (50% owned)
- Reliance Media Works Studio - Filmcity Mumbai
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards
Reliance MediaWorks (RMW) studio, spread across seven acres, will have eight stages built to stringent acoustical and structural specifications.
It has already attracted Hollywood's attention. Legendary filmmaker Oliver Stone, who got a preview of the studio during his visit, had said, "After what I have seen here, there is a possibility of me coming back to make a movie here, after all." Films such as Chronicles of Narnia and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (in which the Vancouver Convention Centre in Canada will stand-in for India) can now be shot at RMW studios. J Scott Carter of Los Angeles-based Wylie-Carter Architects, which is building the facility, says, "RMW's expanding global capabilities allow 24/7 production partnerships with the best producers in the business, and direct digital tie-ins with production teams in Europe, Asia, and North America." Reliance MediaWorks has already spent over 100 crore on the first phase of the studio, which has three super silent 'sync sound' capable stages.
- Singh Is Kinng
- Ekk Deewana Tha
- Double Dhamaal
- Don 2 - Reliance Entertainment's Biggest Hit
- Dangerous Ishhq
- Money Money, More Money
- Devudu Chesina Manushulu
- Trivikram's Untitled Project
- The Help (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi)
- Real Steel (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures)
- Jesus Henry Christ (co-production with Red Om Films)
- Fright Night (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures)
- Cowboys & Aliens (co-production with Universal Studios, DreamWorks Pictures and Relativity Media)
- Scream 4 (co-production with Dimension Films)
- The Fighter (co-production with Paramount Pictures, Relativity Media and Mandeville Films)
- I Am Number Four (as Reliance BIG Entertainment, co-production with DreamWorks Pictures and Bay Films)
- War Horse (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures and Amblin Entertainment)
- Dredd 3D (as Reliance BIG Pictures, co-production with Lionsgate, IM Global, DNA Films, IMAX and Entertainment Film Distributors)
- People Like Us (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures)
- Lincoln (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures and 20th Century Fox)
- Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters
- The company plans to launch TV Channels.
- On 15 July 2009, Reliance Big Entertainment and Steven Spielberg announced a joint venture with a funding of $ 825 million.
- Recently, Big 92.7 FM launched a radio station in Singapore considering 8% of the population residing there is Indian.
- On May 28, 2010, they achieved the first ever Bollywood cross-over into the Hollywood Box Office market in the opening weekend "Top Ten" list after releasing Kites.
- The studio is co-producing director Steven Spielberg's upcoming film War Horse which is due for worldwide release in Christmas. Many other future projects from the director also have Reliance Entertainment as a major producer.
- In January 2012, it was announced that Reliance DreamWorks movies garnered 11 Oscar nominations.
- "Talenthouse". Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Sahasam in May end". idlebrain.com. April 11, 2013. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Anil Ambani eyes video rental business". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Anil Ambani to launch 20 TV channels". Anil-ambani-news.newslib.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Anil Ambani meets Spielberg; to provide Rs 4,000 cr for films The Economic Times.
- "Anil Ambani Group launches radio station in Singapore DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Hinkle, David (2010-04-05). "Reliance Big Entertainment acquires 50% stake in Codemasters". Joystiq. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- Posted: Tuesday, Jun 24, 2008 at 1314 hrs IST (2008-06-24). "Reliance, Spielberg in talks over $2 bn movie venture". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Reliance Dreamworks movies garner 11 Oscar nominations - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Reliance ADA Group Companies
- Reliance BIG Entertainment
- Reliance Entertainment Studios
- Reliance Entertainment Film Catalogue
- Reliance Entertainment at the Internet Movie Database