|FAA airport diagram|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KRNM – FAA LID: RNM|
|Owner||County of San Diego|
|Elevation AMSL||1,395 ft / 425 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Ramona Airport (ICAO: KRNM, FAA LID: RNM, formerly L39) is a public airport located two miles (3 km) west of the central business district of Ramona, in San Diego County, California, United States. It is owned by the County of San Diego.
The Ramona Air Fair is a popular airshow held every year in June.
Facilities and aircraft
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2005, the airport had 82,133 aircraft operations, an average of 225 per day: 98% general aviation, 1% air taxi and 1% military. There are 195 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single engine, 8% multi-engine, 1% jet aircraft and 5% helicopters.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2007, the airport had 164,691 aircraft operations, an average of 451 per day.
Classic Rotors Museum
Classic Rotors, a flying aviation museum specializing in helicopters and other rotorcraft is based at Ramona Airport. The museum bills itself as "the rare and vintage rotorcraft museum" and claims to be one of the "three dedicated rotorcraft museums in the world".
- FAA Airport Master Record for RNM ( PDF), effective 2007-07-05
- Great Circle Mapper: KRNM - Ramona, California
- Classic Rotors Museum (undated). "About Us". Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- Kaman H-43 Huskie (April 2009). "Classic Rotors, Ramona, California". Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- Riordan, Jack (August 2009). "Public treated to inside look at county airport". Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- Musicar, Jessica (July 2005). "Museum pays homage to 'rotorcraft'". Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- Ramona Airport at San Diego County web site
- (PDF), effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about a California airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|