Vaidya at the launch of Sonu Nigam's album Classically Mild
|Born||23 September 1987|
|Origin||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Genres||Indian pop, playback singing|
Life before fame
The son of an engineer with the Maharashtra State Electricity Board, Vaidya grew up in Mumbai, where he studied music under Suresh Wadkar and entered various child talent competitions. While he was a Second Year Junior College student in Mithibai College, he participated in Indian Idol. He also participated in "aao jhoomein gaayein" in his boyhood. A very talented singer who has been a part of many shows since his childhood.
He finished third on the first season of Indian Idol. Although he was hotly tipped to win, Rahul faced his defeat in the penultimate round, on February 18, 2005. Eight months later, he released his debut album Tera Intezar.Sajid-Wajid composed the music for his debut album. He also sang a duet, "Hello Madam, I am your Adam", with fellow Indian Idol runner-up Prajakta Shukre, and "God Promise Dil Dola" with Shreya Ghoshal in the Bollywood film Shaadi No. 1. He has also sang the title song of drama "Ek Ladki Anjaani Si" which airs on Sony Entertainment Television. Other than that Rahul has performed in live shows and concerts in the United States, Bangladesh and The Maldives.
Rahul was the male anchor of the popular show "Jhoom India" on Sahara and was a playback for several films, such as Shaadi No. 1, Jigyaasa, Hot Money, and Krazzy 4.
Rahul has performed for the famous sankalp group,mumbai in 2010 for navratri replacing Falguni pathak.
Aajaa Mahi Vay
Music Ka Maha Muqqabla
Rahul Vaidya is a successful contestant of the singing show Music Ka Maha Muqqabla on STAR Plus on the Team Shankar's Rockstars and his team has won the Music Ka Maha Muqqabla contest, beating Shaan's Strikers in the Finale. He tried to propose Shreya Ghoshal on national television. He was also dating Prajakta Shukre the same time. Due to this reason, he was dumped by both of them.
- Hello Madam (Shaadi No. 1)by madam
- God Promise (Shaadi No. 1)
- aabhas ha (Marathi) Film Yanda Kartavya Aaheyyy
- Saanse Meri Saanse (Jigyaasa)
- Kabool Kar Le (Jaan-E-Mann)
- Aafno Mann (Aafno Mann)
- Aik Rupaiya (Krazy 4)
- olavu mudida a kshana (Kannada)
- Evvariki (Josh)(Telugu)
- Chunar Chunar (Kisse Pyaar Karoon)tunr tunr
- Be Intehaan (Unplugged version) (Race 2)
He has two new albums coming out titled Mere Maula and Mere Sun. He has sung for a song kero mama in the album 'Burn d dance floor'.
- "Teesra Idol". The Hindu. 15 October 2005. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Making of the Indian Idol". The Telegraph. 13 February 2005. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Rahul Vaidya on life after Indian Idol". Rediff.com. 4 October 2005. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Rahul beats Abhijit to become 'Superstar'". Daily News and Analysis. 13 July 2008. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Himesh Reshammiya is back on television!". 19 June 2012.