||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (May 2010)|
Main window in RQDA
|Stable release||0.2-3 / Dec 2012|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, Mac OS|
|Type||Qualitative Data Analysis Qualitative Research|
|License||New BSD license|
RQDA is an R package for computer assisted qualitative data analysis or CAQDAS. It is installable from, and runs within, the R system, but has a separate window running a graphical user interface (through RGtk2).
In the graphical interface it has the following functions:
- Import documents from plain text
- Support non-English documents, Simplified Chinese Character is well-tested under Windows
- Support character-level coding
- Memos for documents, codes, coding, project, files etc.
- Retrieve coding, and easily gets back to the original file. Conditional retrieval is supported as well.
- Single-file (*.rqda) format, which is basically the SQLite database
- Categorize codes (tree-like categories are avoided)
- Categorize files
- Search files by keywords and can highlight keyword in the open file
- Show attributes of files, which is useful for content analysis
- Categorise cases and related attributes of cases (to bridge qualitative and quantitative research)
- Search information about selected cases from the web
- Rename files, codes, code categories, cases etc.
- Write and organize fieldwork journals
Through use of R functions, it can:
- Import a batch of files
- Calculate the relation between two codings, given the coding indexes
- Give a summary of coding and inter-code relationship.
- Export file/case attributes and show subset of files/cases.
- Allow for more flexible conditional retrieval.
- Boolean operations of and, or and not.
|This scientific software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|