|Industry||Engineering, procurement and construction|
|Key people||Sanjiv Handa, Chairman|
|Operating income||INR 6.23 Billion (2010)|
|Net income||INR 1.11 Billion (2010)|
RITES Limited(also known as Rail India Technical and Economic Service) is an engineering consultancy company, specializing in the field of transport infrastructure. Established in 1974 by the Government of India, the company's initial charter was to provide consultancy services in rail transport management to operators in India and abroad. RITES has since diversified into planning and consulting services for other infrastructure, including airports, ports, highways and urban planning.It has been awarded the status of MINIRATNA in 2002.
It has executed projects in over 62 countries on every major continent. As of 2011, it was executing projects in over 30 countries.
Major railway companies that have or had projects with Rites include:
- SNTF, Algeria, consulting
- Luanda Railway (CFL), Angola, feasibility study for rehabilitation
- Bangladesh Railways, Bangladesh, consultation
- Botswana Railways, Botswana, management support and consultation
- Cambodian Railways, Cambodia, rehabilitation
- Red Atlantic Railway Network, Colombia, equity partner, technical and managerial support
- Ghana Railway Corporation, Ghana, consultation
- Iran Railways, Iran, planning
- Iraqi Republic Railway Establishment, Iraq, operation and maintenance of Baghdad - Al Qaim - Akashat section.
- Kenya Railways, Kenya, locomotive operation, restructuring, planning
- Central East African Railways, Malawi, management services.
- Beira Railroad Corporation (CFM Central), Mozambique, rehabilitation and management
- Nigerian Railways, Nigeria, complete management (3 years), revitalization, planning
- Sri Lanka Railways, Sri Lanka, consulting and management assistance
- Sudan Railways, Sudan, consulting
- Tanzania Railway Corporation, Tanzania, general management
- Uzbek Railways, Uzbekistan, Expert based consultancy for Elastic Fasteners and Accounting System project
- Zambian Railways, Zambia, improvement project
- National Railways of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe, investment plan
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation, As a lead partner to General Consultants.
- Patna Metro,for for preparing its DPR(Detailed Project Report).
- Railways of Jamaica
- "Profile". RITES, Limited. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "Financial Results, 2009-2010". RITES, Limited. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- "Home Page". RITES, Limited. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- RITES: List of completed projects
- "REVIVING JAMAICA’S DORMANT RAILWAY". Retrieved 2010-12-19. Text " Railways Africa" ignored (help)