|Questprobe featuring Spider-Man|
Spiderman, one of the games in the Questprobe series
Questprobe is a trilogy of graphical adventure computer games featuring Marvel Comics characters. The three games are Questprobe featuring The Hulk, Questprobe featuring Spider-Man and Questprobe featuring The Human Torch and The Thing.
The games were designed by Scott Adams, developed and published by Adventure International and the first was originally released in 1984 for the Atari 800, Apple II, Commodore 16 and Commodore 64 with the sequels being published each following year. The original plan was for a series of twelve games, but Adventure International's bankruptcy in 1985 brought a rapid and premature end to the line.
- Questprobe featuring Spider-Man (1984) for Acorn Electron, Atari 8-bit, BBC Micro, Commodore 64, DOS, Dragon 32, ZX Spectrum
- Questprobe featuring The Hulk (1984) for Acorn Electron, Atari 8-bit, BBC Micro, Commodore 64, DOS, Dragon 32, ZX Spectrum
- Questprobe featuring Human Torch and the Thing (1985) for Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum
Cancelled X-Men game
The fourth title in the series was to include the X-Men - this game was partly coded by Scott Adams but never saw the light of day as a published game, as Adventure International became bankrupt during its development in 1985. The partially coded game can be found around the internet and on many fan sites.
Comic book tie-ins
A Questprobe comic book tie-in was also released. Originally intended as a 12-issue limited series, this series was canceled after issue #3 (November 1985) due to Adventure International's bankruptcy. The story intended for issue #4, featuring the X-Men, was published in Marvel Fanfare #33 (July 1987). The events of the Questprobe comic book were later followed up on in the Quasar series.
- Questprobe series at MobyGames
- Questprobe series at World of Spectrum
- Questprobe series screenshots and statistics
|This article about a video game released for 8-bit computers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This adventure game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language