|Look up pir in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pir or PIR may refer to:
Religion and history
- Pir (Sufism), a Sufi teacher, spiritual leader
- Pir (Zoroastrianism), a site in Persia, frequently one of the Zoroastrian faith
- Pir of the Britons, legendary king of the Britons
- Prosopographia Imperii Romani, a scholarly work of prosopography of Imperial Rome, published in 1898 (first edition), Berlin 1933 (second edition), and Berlin/New York 2009 (third edition).
- Protein Information Resource, a major protein information database and bioinformatics resource
- Partners in Research, a Canadian charity dedicated to bio-medical research
- Passive infrared sensor, often used to detect movement or presence by infrared emission
- PIR (gene), the gene for a human protein that is a possible transcriptional coregulator
- Polyisocyanurate, a plastic typically produced as a foam for thermal insulation
- Peak information rate
- Public Interest Registry, a not-for-profit corporation responsible for managing the .org top-level domain.
- Private information retrieval, a protocol that allows a user to retrieve an item from a server in possession of a database without revealing which item she is retrieving
- Parrot intermediate representation, one of the two assembly languages for the Parrot virtual machine
- Parachute infantry regiment, a unit of airborne forces
- Ministry of Public Infrastructure Renewal (Ontario), a former ministry of the Government of Ontario
- The Price Is Right (US game show), a TV gameshow
- Pittsburgh Industrial Railroad
- Performance Index Rating, a statistical formula used in basketball
- Pier 1 Imports, NYSE symbol PIR, a Texas-based retailer specializing in imported home furnishings and decor
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.