The Pidoco Usability Suite (pron.: // pi-DOH-koh) is a cloud-based collaboration software by Pidoco GmbH for creating, sharing and testing wireframes, mockups and prototypes of websites, mobile apps and enterprise software applications.
Pidoco Usability Suite
The Pidoco Usability Suite is a cloud-based collaboration software for planning, designing and testing websites, web applications, mobile apps and enterprise software. The software tool enables users to quickly create clickable wireframes, mockups and interactive low-fidelity prototypes of GUIs without programming by using drag-and-drop placement of pre-fabricated elements. Pidoco allows users to share projects with team members and other project stakeholders for real-time online collaboration, reviewing and user testing. The web application is used to visualize requirements, collaborate in the design phases of software development, involve end users, and generate optimized specifications for traditional or agile development processes. Pidoco is browser-based and thus compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Pidoco is structured into several views that give access to various functions. The functions include:
- Editor – Creating, sharing and exporting wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Simulator – Reviewing and discussing projects and requirements
- Tester – Testing prototypes for usability with end users online
The Pidoco Usability Suite is marketed in three editions:
- Basic – The Basic edition is the entry-level version which includes the editing functions.
- Classic – The Classic version includes all Basic functionality and additional sharing options as well as real-time collaborative editing capability for teams.
- Expert – The Expert version is the top-of-line version and includes all Classic functions as well as testing functionality and additional collaboration options like screensharing, VoIP connection, chat and session recording.
The Pidoco Usability Suite is a browser-based application that runs on various operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Supported browsers include Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3.0+, Chrome 4+, and Safari 4+ for the simulation and testing functions that allow teams to collaborate on prototypes by gathering feedback. Creating and editing prototypes is supported in Firefox 3.0+, Chrome 4+, and Safari 4+.
Pidoco operates on the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, and is available as standard hosted SaaS option, hosted dedicated server option or as an in-house installation. Attributes of SaaS include flexibility and scalability, multi-tenant capability, recurring subscription fees rather than upfront capital cost, and require no internal hardware.
Further reading↑Jump back a section
- Official resources