Philippe Gautier is the main author of a "landmark bookin the history of the understanding of the technological, economic, legal and societal stakes or issues of the "Internet of Things" (quotation by Gerald Santucci, Head of Unit “Internet of Things and Future Internet Enterprise Systems - Enterprise Networking and RFID" at European Commission”, Direction of "Information Society and Media"). This book is actually an essay on the Future Internet and points out why the contributions of both sciences of complexity and cybernetics are necessary in the conception and realization of information systems to meet the new challenges of sensory technologies - such as NFC, RFID, Barcodes, GPS, etc. - and fully open value chain. This essay discusses also the particular impacts on economics, sociology and governance, with a philosophical conclusion.
He is also the founder and managing director of Business2Any, a company specialized in the programming of complex (Complex systems), decentralized and distributed systems and software (Distributed computing) for the Internet of Things.
He has a long former experience as a Chief information officer which, among other things, allowed him to be the first to implement all EPCglobal standardized technologies in Europe (including RFID/UHF/GEN2, EPCIS and an independent ONS root(Object Naming Service) in an innovative pilot and at an operational level. The purpose was to manage, in a semi-open loop, the traceability of pallets amongst various logistics players in the supply chain.
He received for his works:
- the “GS1 France 2005” price of innovation
- the SME Award 2006 (Le Monde Informatique)
- two trophies for "CIO 2007" (01 Informatique): "Winner SMEs" and "Jury Special Prize”.
Last, he is a founding member of the SEI (Société européenne de l'Internet/IES France), regularly write articles, give conferences and act as a consultant for many companies.
- (French) "L'Internet des Objets... Internet, mais en mieux", foreword by Gerald Santucci, afterwords by Daniel Kaplan (FING) et Michel Volle, from main author Philippe Gautier and co-author Laurent Gonzalez, AFNOR editions, 2011 (ISBN : 978-2-12-465316-4)
- Independent from the one operated by VeriSign on behalf of EPCglobal
- Blog: http://www.i-o-t.org
- Press review: http://www.i-o-t.org/pages/Community-manager
- Regular chronicles : http://www.atelier.net/authors/philippe-gautier
- Quotations on the ies-France website: http://www.ies-france.eu/projet/search/gautier/
- Interview: 3 questions to Philippe Gautier : http://www.i-o-t.org/post/3questionstoPhilippeGAUTIERbyDavidFayon
- Twitter : @neuzemayo