|— Province —|
|• Akim||Erlan Mukhtaruly Aryn|
|• Total||124,800 km2 (48,200 sq mi)|
|• Total||747 584|
|Time zone||East (UTC+6)|
|• Summer (DST)||not observed (UTC+6)|
|Postal codes||140100 - 141200|
|Area codes||+7 (718)|
|ISO 3166 code||KZ-PAV|
Pavlodar Province (Kazakh: Павлодар облысы, Pavlodar oblısı) is a province of Kazakhstan. Its capital is the city of Pavlodar, which has a population of 322 851. The population of the province: 742,475 (2009 Census results); 806,983 (1999 Census results). Pavlodar borders Russia to the north, and also borders the following Kazakh provinces: Akmola (to the west), East Kazakhstan (to the south-east), North Kazakhstan (to the north-west), and Karagandy (to the south). Many people, especially Ukrainians, immigrated to Pavlodar in Nikita Khrushchev's Virgin Lands Campaign. The Irtysh River flows from the Altay Mountains in China to Russia through the province. Bayanaul National Park is located in the province within 100 km of Ekibastuz.
- Aktogay District, with the administrative center in the selo of Aktogay;
- Bayanaul District, the selo of Bayanaul;
- Ertis District, the selo of Ertis;
- Kashyr District, the selo of Kashyr;
- Lebyazhye District, the selo of Akku;
- May District, the selo of Koktobe;
- Pavlodar District, the city of Pavlodar;
- Sharbakty District, the selo of Sharbakty;
- Uspen District, the selo of Uspenka;
- Zhelezin District, the selo of Zhelezinka.
Three localities in Pavlodar Province have town status. These are Pavlodar, Aksu, and Ekibastuz.
Demographics (2007 Jan)
Pavlodar province hosts a diverse range of ethnic groups:
- Kazakhs – 46.15%
- Russians – 38.26%
- Ukrainians – 6.39%
- Germans – 3.21%
- Tatars – 2.07%
- Belarusians – 0.86%
- Moldovans – 0.39%
- Ingushes – 0.25%
- Chechens – 0.25%
- Azeris – 0.25%
- Bashkirs – 0.20%
- Others – 1.75%.
- According to preliminary data population censuses of 2009 the area population has made 729 512 foreheads (99% from planned number), the share of Kazakhs has made 47,7% of all population.
- Pavlodar Province Statistics
- All-Biz Ltd. Павлодарская область
- "Население Республики Казахстан" (in Russian). Департамент социальной и демографической статистики. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Cities and areas akimats". The official portal of akimat of Pavlodar region. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Население Республики Казахстан" (in Russian). Департамент социальной и демографической статистики. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
Media related to Pavlodar Province at Wikimedia Commons
||North Kazakhstan Province||Russia|
|Karagandy Province||East Kazakhstan Province|
Read in another language
This page is available in 38 languages