Paris Descartes University
|Paris Descartes University|
The historic École de Chirurgie, now the headquarters of Paris Descartes University
|Established||1971, following the division of the University of Paris (1257)|
Chancellor of the Universities of Paris
|Affiliations||PRES Paris Sorbonne University|
Paris Descartes University is one of the main French research universities, with a strong focus on:
- Medical Sciences (Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, Psychology)
- Biomedical sciences (Cellular and molecular biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biomedical physic)
- Social sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Linguistics, Demographics, Science of Education) located at the Sorbonne
Paris Descartes University is headquartered in the historic École de Chirurgie in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It is one of the most prestigious European universities for medical sciences, social sciences and research in psychology.
The University strongly focus on innovation and modern approach of social sciences, the news dual master's degree ("Economics and Psychology" and "Cogmaster") in Partnership with other important institution such as the ENS and Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne shows the opportunities that are offered for the students who are really involved into research and modern approach of social sciences.
The University Paris Descartes also supports teaching and research in humanities and social sciences grounded on fieldwork, participant observation and ethnography. The school for humanities and social sciences includes six research centers in anthropology, sociology, philosophy and linguistics.
The Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy are recognised throughout the world.
Points of interest↑Jump back a section
- Media related to Université Paris Descartes at Wikimedia Commons
- University web site (French)
- Faculté des Sciences Humaines et Sociales - Sorbonne (French)
- Institut de Psychologie (French)
|This article about a French university, college, or other educational institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|