Parigi, Ranga Reddy district
|— mandal —|
|Elevation||526 m (1,726 ft)|
|• Density||201.5/km2 (522/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 28|
|Sex ratio||956 ♂/♀|
Pargi is the oldest mandal in Rangareddy district of Andhra Pradesh, India, since the Nizams Period. It falls under Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh. The population is 32501 (2006 census). Pargi is one of the biggest city in Ranga Reddy district. It's MLA is Harishwar reddy, who is consecutively winning this position for six times for Telugu Desam Party. Now Mr. Reddy joined in Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party on 15 November 2012 in a huge party meeting in the city due to telangana sentiment, in which TRS president KCR has given an aggressive speech to the people. Pargi is the major business center for many nearby living people. People from different parts in India came and started several businesses. Thereafter it started developing steadily. Now it is renowned textile shopping and food grains business center. People from this place frequently go to Hyderabad for higher studies, because of lack of quality higher educational institutes in the locality. All religious people(Hindu, Muslim and Christians) live here like brothers and there are no religions issues at present.
- Ex-chief minister of Andhra Pradesh Nara Chandrababu Naidu came to the city on 12th Nov 2012 on his padayatra (going to the people by walk to listen the problems) "Vasthunna.. meekosam". In his address to the people he promised the Railway station between Vikarabad and Raichur, which was in pending for years, if he elected as chief minister.
Pargi is located at  It has an average elevation of about 526 meters. It is located 67 kilometers from Hyderabad. It doesn't have good water resources and dependent completely on ground water. People do farming mainly on ground water. The soil is black which is good for agriculture and the major crops are Cotton, Maize, Jowar. There are many mango groves in and around the Headquarters. Milk production is also a major source of income here. There are four Milk Chilling Centres in Pargi, Mother Dairy, Reliance, Tirumala and Jersey..
There are 23 Villages in the mandal:
Schools and colleges
- Government primary and high school
- Government Girls high school
- Dafoddils high school
- Goutham model school
- Shantinikethan high school
- Vivekanada high school
- Pragathi high school
- Saraswathi shishu mandir
- Prashanthi vidya nikethan
- Krishnaveni Talent School
- Brilliant Grammar School
- Pallavi junior, degree, and PG college
- Vignan junior college
- vivekanada junior college
- Tunkulgadda junior college
Major business centres
- Textile (Around 70 textiles shops are there)
- Food grains & Cattle market on Fridays (many nearby farmers come here to sell their food grains)
- Wholesale Kirana and General stores
- Cotton business
- Sweet houses, hotels, money lending and jewellery stores
- Printing press
- Electronics shops
- Hardware and Automobile Reparing stores
- Automobile showrooms (Bajaj, Yamaha and Hero).
- Milk Chilling Centre.
- Mineral Water plants
Hospital and medical facilities
- Government Hospital
- Kavya nursing home
- Dr. Ranghavendar Rao Clinic
- Dr. Damoder Rao clinic
- Dr. Gaffar RMP
- Dr. Kavitha MBBS
- Savitha medical and general store
- Raghavenra medical stores
- Naveen medical stores
- There are two SBH bank branches and two ATMs.
- There is also Andhra Bank but no ATM
Entertainment in the city
- People in the city have only one entertainment, which is watching movies. City has 3 movie theaters which are Bhavani,Saikrishna and Sharadha. All new released Telugu, Hindi and English movies are showing. It has a small and nice Club near to the police station, in which badminton, table tennis facilities are present.