Arts Council of Pakistan
The Arts Council of Pakistan, (also Karachi Arts Council) in Karachi is the oldest and prominent non-government institution of its kind in the country. Over the years, it has become a nucleus for those interested in promoting the cause of arts and culture in Pakistan’s largest city Karachi.
Aims & Objectives Blend Of Traditions
The Arts Council of Pakistan, Karachi is a non-commercial and non-profit making organization devoted to the promotion of arts and crafts. The Memorandum of Articles of Association explains fully the aims and objectives of the Council.
• To foster and encourage the development of fine arts and crafts, theatre, dance, music, literature, architecture, floral art, performing arts, film, TV, Radio broadcast, mass communications, literary functions, interior designing and sculpture. And also to promote the study and appreciation thereof through the endeavors of various forms of art and culture through exhibitions, lecture, workshops, film shows, seminars, stage shows, concerts, national an international festivals and performances, and publications for the benefit of society through artists and the art-lovers.
• To Organize and establish an Arts Center with an art gallery, a theatre and a library in Karachi.
• To publish an art Journal and books and pamphlets for the advancement of the aims of the Council.
• To provide whenever possible, technical help and advice to artists working in any medium.
• To establish and main a library of books on arts and crafts, the theatre and the ballet and on music.
• To organize arts exhibitions and musical concerts and to produce plays.
• To cooperate with organizations having similar aims or with individuals interested in art elsewhere for the furtherance of the aims of the Council.
• To purchase or acquire on lease or in exchange or on hire or otherwise any real or personal property and any other rights or privileges necessary or convenient for the purpose of the Council.
• To erect, construct, alter and maintain any building necessary or convenient for the purpose of the Council.
• To enter into negotiations of contracts with individuals or organizations for the purpose of the Council.
• To do all such lawful thins as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
Official Website of Arts Council of Pakistan http://www.artscouncil.com.pk
|This article about government in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an art or artists' organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|