A number of different things are named Olympus:
|Look up Olympus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Mount Olympus in Pieria, northern Greece, the home of the twelve gods of Olympus in Greek mythology
- Mount Olympus in Lesvos
- Mount Olympus in Euboea
- Mount Olympus in Lavreotiki
- Mount Olympus in Skyros
- Mount Olympus in Arcadia
- Mysian Olympus (present-day Uludağ), in northwest Turkey
- Paphlagonian Olympus (present-day Mount Arıt near Bartın)
- The present-day Mount Nif in Aegean Turkey, near İzmir's depending district of Kemalpaşa, a town which carried the same name as the mountain previously (Nif)
- The valley and town of Olympos (Lycia) in ancient Lycia on the southern coast of Turkey, 90 km southwest of Antalya, near the town of Kemer
- Mount Olympus (Cyprus), the highest point (1952 m) on the island of Cyprus
The word "Olympus" is probably pre-Greek in origin, as it has no known Indo-european etymology. It is most probably associated with tall mountain peaks, as it was used for several mountains that dominate their locale.
In modern times
- United States
- New Zealand
- Planet Mars
Persons↑Jump back a section
- Olympos, Karpathos, a town on the Karpathos Island
- Olympos, Larissa, a municipal unit in the Larissa regional unit
- Olympos (Lycia), village in the heart of the Olympos coastal national park
- United States
- Olympos (novel), a science fiction novel by American author Dan Simmons
- Olympus Rally, a motorsport event in the Washington State, USA
- The Battle of Olympus, a video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System
- Olympus (Marvel Comics), a fictional location in Marvel Comics
- Twilight in Olympus, a 1998 album by progressive metal band Symphony X
- Olympos is a board game from Philippe Keyaerts published by Rio Grande Games
- Percy Jackson (novel), a book based on Greek mythology and the Olympian gods by Rick Riordan
- Olympus, an alternate name for Bigelow Aerospace's BA 2100 spacecraft
- FC Olimp Ungheni, the name of the Moldovan football club CS Moldova-03 Ungheni during 2008-2011
- Olympus College, a high school in Arnhem, The Netherlands
- Olympus High School, a high school in Utah, USA
- USS Mount Olympus (AGC-8), a WWII US Navy ship
- George E. Bean. Aegean Turkey: An archaeological guide ISBN 978-0-510-03200-5, 1967. Ernest Benn, London.
- Kohl, H.R. (1999-08-01). "Greek, but islands apart". Los Angeles Times.
- William Ainsworth (1839). Notes on a Journey from Constantinople, by Heraclea, to Angora, in the Autumn of 1838, p. 236. Royal Geographical Society, London.
- "Olympus". Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition. 1911.
- "Mount Olympus, Canterbury, New Zealand".
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.