Ohio State Route 602
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||14.47 mi (23.29 km)|
|Existed:||1937 – present|
|South end:||SR 19 near Galion|
|US 30 near Galion|
|North end:||SR 103 in New Washington|
State Route 602 (SR 602, OH 602) is a 14.47-mile (23.29 km) long north–south state highway in the northern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its southern terminus is at a T-intersection with SR 19 approximately 2.50 miles (4.02 km) northwest of Galion, and its northern terminus is at SR 103 in New Washington.
All of SR 602 is situated within the eastern portion of Crawford County. No portion of this state route is included within the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways identified as being most important for the nation's economy, mobility and defense.
|This section requires expansion. (September 2011)|
The SR 602 designation was created in 1937. Originally, the highway ran from its present southern terminus at SR 19 to its intersection with Old Lincoln Highway north of North Robinson. Old Lincoln Highway was designated as U.S. Route 30N (US 30N) at the time, and later became US 30 prior to that route being moved to its present freeway routing.
The entire route is in Crawford County.
|Polk Township||0.00||0.00||SR 19||Southern terminus at T-intersection|
|Jefferson Township||0.76||1.22||US 30||Diamond interchange|
|Sandusky Township||6.25||10.06||SR 96|
|New Washington||14.47||23.29||SR 103||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Ohio Department of Highways (1936) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 602, Crawford County". Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1967) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1967a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1969) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1969a.sid. Retrieved 2011-09-17.