North Grand Mall
|Address||2801 Grand Avenue|
|Developer||General Growth Properties|
|Owner||GK Development, Inc.|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||340,000 sq. ft.|
|No. of floors||1|
North Grand Mall is a 340,000-square-footshopping center serving the city of Ames, Iowa and owned by GK Development, Inc. since 2004. In 2006, plans were announced for a $30 million renovation and expansion. In 2004, a farmers' market operated at the mall. The mall's anchor stores are JCPenney and Younkers, with a third anchor (Sears) having announced its closure in late 2008. The Sears building was torn down, with Kohl's, TJ Maxx, and Shoe Carnival opening on its site.
- "North Grand Mall offered opportunity to expand.". Goliath Business News. 21 July 2003. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- GK Development's page about North Grand Mall
- Ford, George C. (December 22, 2004). "Chicago firm buys 4 malls in Iowa". Gazette (Cedar Rapids, Iowa). Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- Stribling, Dees (May 15, 2006). "Iowa Mall to Get $30M Facelift". Commercial Property News. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- Morgan, Katie (May 20, 2004). "Iowa State U.: Iowa farmers' markets provide local produce.". University Wire via The America's Intelligence Wire. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- Miller, Tim (24 May 2007). "Sears to close in July, mall to expand space". Iowa State Daily. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- Fier, Andrea (2007-01-09). "Iowa State U.-area city council approves master plan for $128 M shopping center.". University Wire. Retrieved 2008-10-31.