Nicholas Eliot, 9th Earl of St Germans
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010)|
|The Earl of St Germans|
|Born||Nicholas Richard Michael Eliot
26 January 1914
Marylebone, London, England
|Died||11 March 1988
|Residence||Port Eliot, St Germans, Cornwall|
|Title||9th Earl of St Germans|
|Spouse(s)||Helen Mary Villers
Margaret Eleanor Wyndham
Mary Bridget Thomas
|Children||Peregrine Eliot, 10th Earl of St Germans
Lady Frances Helen Mary Eliot
Eliot was the son of Montague Eliot, 8th Earl of St Germans and Helen Agnes née Post. He was educated at Eton and became a Captain in the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry, attached to the Royal Armoured Corps. He was a Justice of the Peace and DL.
On 16 September 1960, he succeeded his father to become the 9th Earl of St Germans.
Lord St Germans married three times:
- On 25 April 1939 divorced 1947, to Helen Mary Villers (17 April 1915  - 6 December 1951) with children:
- Peregrine Nicholas Eliot (b. 2 January 1941)
- Lady Frances Helen Mary Eliot (6 March 1943 - 6 January 2004) who was married 9 October 1965 (div 1987) to Charles Petty-Fitzmaurice, 9th Marquess of Lansdowne.
- On 27 May 1948 divorced 1959, to Margaret Eleanor Wyndham, with no issue
- In 1965, to Mary Bridget Thomas, daughter of colonial Governor Sir Shenton Thomas, with no issue.
- GRO Register of Births: MAR 1914 1a 925 MARYLEBONE - Nicholas R. M. Eliot, mmn = Post
- GRO Register of Births: JUN 1915 8a 438 Northwich, mmn = Cole
- No GRO reference - hence died abroad
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of St Germans
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of St Germans
|This biography of an earl in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|