Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy
|Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy
నల్లారి కిరణ్ కుమార్ రెడ్డి
|16th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh|
25 November 2010
|Preceded by||Konijeti Rosaiah|
|Constituency||Pileru, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy ( Telugu : నల్లారి కిరణ్ కుమార్ రెడ్డి ) (born 13 September 1960) is an Indian politician who has been the 16th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh since 2010. A four-time MLA in Andhra Pradesh, he belongs to the Indian National Congress. He was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh after Konijeti Rosaiah submitted his resignation to Governor ESL Narasimhan on 24 November 2010.
KKR was born to Sarojamma and N. Amarnath Reddy a legend was born, a former Congress party member and a minister in P. V. Narasimha Rao cabinet as he was considered close to late Indira Gandhi and P.V. Narsimha Rao. His family hails from Nagaripalle, near Kalikiri, Chittoor district. He did his schooling from Hyderabad Public School and intermediate from St. Josephs' Junior College, Hyderabad. He did his B.Com from Nizam College and LL.B from University College of Law, Osmania University. He was the captain of the Hyderabad, India under-22, South Zone Universities and Osmania University cricket team.
Kiran Kumar Reddy was elected to Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly in 1989 after his father's death. He served as member of the Public Undertakings Committee and Assurance Committee. He was elected to the state assembly from Native Vayalpadu (Valmikipuram) in 1989, 1999 and 2004. He lost in 1994 when Congress was routed in Chittoor district. He won from Pileru in 2009 after Valmikipuram got merged into Pileru constituency under delimitation. A known YSR loyalist, he was the Congress government chief whip for five years from 2004, before he was made the speaker.
Kiran Kumar Reddy was unanimously elected as Speaker of the 13th Andhra Pradesh Assembly in June 2009. His name for the speaker's post was proposed by erstwhile chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Praja Rajyam Party chief Chiranjeevi, AIMIM floor leader Akbaruddin Owaisi & Asaduddin Owaisi, Agriculture minister N. Raghuveera Reddy and two other independents.
As Chief Minister
Kiran Kumar Reddy was chosen to be the new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh after incumbent K Rosaiah resigned citing personal reasons, by the Congress Legislature Party and authorised party 2010
- "Brief Profile of Kiran Kumar Reddy CM". Fullhyderabad.com.
- S. NAGESH KUMAR. "Kiran Kumar Reddy takes oath as Andhra CM". The Hindu. India. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
- "Andhra CM Rosaiah resigns citing personal reasons", Business Standard, 24 November 2010.
- "Cong mulling a Reddy CM to stop Jaganaut?", The Times of India, 9 July 2010.
- "Highlight people's problems, Speaker tells parties ", The HINDU, 17 Aug 2010.
- Career statistics of Reddy from Cricketarchive
- The Hindu : Front Page : Kiran Kumar to take over as Speaker. Hinduonnet.com (2009-05-26). Retrieved on 23 December 2010.
- Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : Chief Whip denies encroachment charge. The Hindu (2006-11-06). Retrieved on 23 December 2010.
|Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
25 November 2010–present
K.R. Suresh Reddy
|Speaker of Andhra Pradesh State Assembly