|Song by Jessie J from the album Who You Are|
|Writer||Jessica Cornish, George Astasio, Jason Pebworth, Jon Shave, Carl Haley, Greg Haley, Rafael Haley, Charlie Platt|
|Producer||The Invisible Men, The Fives|
|Who You Are track listing|
"My Shadow" is a song by British singer-songwriter Jessie J, from re-release her debut studio album Who You Are. Written by Jessica Cornish, The Invisible Men, The Fives and produced by same. The song is a mid-tempo where Jessie compares her lover to her shadow, in which they’ll always be around. "My Shadow" was included on the set list of the Heartbeat Tour. The song has so far peaked at number 188 in UK Singles Chart.
Background and composition
"My Shadow" is a down tempo ballad, where Jessie compares her lover to her shadow, in which they’ll always be around. She coos, “I don’t see the need to cry / ‘Cuz you’ll never leave my life.”
"My Shadow" received generally mixed reviews from critics. The website Idolator, said: “My Shadow” sounds a bit too similar to Jordin Sparks' 2009 single “Battlefield”. Amy Sciarretto from Pop Crush gave the song a review: ‘My Shadow’ is a bit of a romantic ode, where Jessie refers to her lover as a shadow who never leaves her side. She gets all breathy when singing about him.
Credits and personnel
- Songwriting - Jessica Cornish, George Astasio, Jason Pebworth, Jon Shave, Carl Haley, Greg Haley, Rafael Haley, Charlie Platt
- Production - The Invisible Men, The Fives
- Vocals – Jessie J
Credits adapted from the album's liner notes.
Charts↑Jump back a section
- Cornish, Jessica (2011). Who You Are (CD liner notes). Jessie J. Lava Records. p. 4.
- "New Music: Jessie J – "My Shadow"". Pop Addicts. 10 November 2011.
- "Academy birmingham england".
- "CHART LOG UK: NEW ENTRIES UPDATE". Zobbel. 2011-11-26. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- "My Shadow". Rovi Corporation. Allmusic. 26 November 2011.
- "jessie j my shadow". Idolator. 10 November 2011.
- Sciarretto, Amy (23 Nov 2011). "Jessie J new tracks". Pop Crush.
- Dawson, Kim (19 October 2011). "JESSIE J’S JUMPIN’". Daily Star.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language