Muhammad Jamal Khan
Mir Muhammad Jamal Khan (September 23, 1912 - March 18, 1976) was the last Mir of the former princely state of Hunza. He married Maimona Pari - a princess of the former state of Nagar in 1934 and took the throne after the death of his father, Mir Ghazanfar Khan in April, 1945. After a mass movement in tehsils of Gojal, Brushal, and Shinaki the Mir's rule in Hunza came to an end in 1974 when Z. A. Bhutto, the Prime Minister of Pakistan abolished Mir government and annexed the region to the Northern Areas of Pakistan under the federal government. Two years after his abdication Khan died at his residence in Karimabad, the former capital.
- Pakistan's Northern Areas dilemma
- Northern Areas Development Gateway
- Pakistan's Northern Areas
- Northern Pakistan's Karakoram & Hindukush Mountains
- The Mountain Areas Conservancy Project
- Gilgit Map