Mosholu Parkway (IRT Jerome Avenue Line)
|Address||Mosholu Parkway & Jerome Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467
|Locale||Bedford Park, Norwood|
|Line||IRT Jerome Avenue Line|
|Services||4 (all times)|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Tracks||3 (2 in regular service)|
|Opened||April 15, 1918|
|Passengers (2012)||2,906,150 1.9%|
|Rank||164 out of 421|
|Next north||Woodlawn: 4|
|Next south||Bedford Park Boulevard – Lehman College: 4|
Mosholu Parkway is a local station on the IRT Jerome Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Mosholu Parkway and Jerome Avenue in the Bronx, it is served by the 4 train at all times.
The station lost some of its original glamour with a renovation which included the removal of two mosaics on each platform. The renovation opened the portion of the station's walls that span the parkway, creating severe wind chills and snow accumulation on the two side platforms during winter months. Station exits lead to either side of Mosholu Parkway. The mezzanine is brick.
The station has three tracks and two side platforms. The middle track, which starts just north of the station, is generally not used in revenue service.
South of this station is a track connection to Jerome Yard, however the yard can only be accessed from the south.
From June 8, 2009 to June 26, 2009, four morning rush-hour trains operated express in the southbound direction in a pilot program by New York City Transit, stopping at Burnside Avenue and 149th Street – Grand Concourse before resuming the normal express route at 125th Street. Although Mosholu Parkway is not designed as an express station, the trains used a switch for the express track south of the station.
From October 26, 2009 to December 11, 2009, a second pilot program had five southbound 4 trains running express in the AM rush hour.
|Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
|Platform level||Side platform, Doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||← toward Woodlawn|
|Peak-direction express||↔ No regular service|
|Southbound||→ toward Crown Heights – Utica Avenue|
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership". New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "MTA New York City Transit Pilots Bronx Express Service Along the Jerome Ave. Line" (Press release). New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2009-06-04. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Second Pilot Program of Bronx Express Service Along the Jerome Ave. Line Set to Begin" (Press release). New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- nycsubway.org—IRT Woodlawn Line: Mosholu Parkway
- nycsubway.org — Metromorphosis/Birth of a Station Artwork by Corinne Grondahl (2006)
- Station Reporter — 4 Train
- The Subway Nut — Mosholu Parkway Pictures
- MTA's Arts For Transit — Mosholu Parkway (IRT Jerome Avenue Line)
- Mosholu Parkway entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This New York City transportation–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|