||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Born||May 13, 1987 (age 26)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Misha Gabriel (born May 13, 1987), also known as Misha Gabriel Hamilton, is an American dancer, choreographer, and actor. He is known for dancing mainly in the shows of Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson, and for his role as Eddie in Step Up Revolution.
Life and career
Gabriel was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. His mother, Irina Brecher, is a ballet dancer from Romania. Gabriel, who was raised in Larkspur, Colorado, began dancing at the early age of two years old. He appeared with Janet Jackson for three years in a number of her videos, TV shows, and live performances. He also took part in shows by Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, The Pussycat Dolls, Hilary Duff, John Legend, Kylie Minogue, and Omarion.
Gabriel was selected as a principal dancer for Michael Jackson's This Is It concerts and was set to perform in all 50 shows scheduled for the O2 Arena in London, England. The concerts were canceled 8 days before the dancers were set to travel to London due to Michael Jackson's death. Gabriel was subsequently featured along with the 10 other dancers in the concerts' behind the scenes film, Michael Jackson's This Is It.
He has choreographed in:
- Justin Timberlake's live show FutureSex/LoveShow as a choreographer (2007)
- Music video for BoA's single "Eat You Up" in 2008
- In 2009, he was part of a planned This Is It series of 50 concerts by Michael Jackson to be held at The O2 Arena in London that was canceled because of Jackson's sudden death three weeks before the show's inaugural event. He was part of the backup dancers on Michael Jackson's This Is It
- The Pussycat Dolls' Doll Domination Tour
- The Cheetah Girls One World Tour
- Sara Lee/High School Musical 3 commercial
- Raven-Symoné's Supernatural and Dancing With the Stars
- Justin Bieber's never say never tour
Misha has been in a long term relationship with dancer/actress Alexa Anderson who was a finalist on the ninth season of So You Think You Can Dance, a dance competition show. The two are represented by the same agency and met on the job. Misha is good friends with actor Kenny Wormald. They grew up dancing together and have worked together as dancers and actors. Misha is also good friends with choreographer Travis Wall.
- Cleveland Scene magazine: An interview with Misha Gabriel, star of Step Up Revolution
- MichaelJackson.com: Michael Jackson's This Is It