|Name||Vindobonensis, Gr. theol. 313|
|Now at||Austrian National Library|
|Size||17 cm by 12.1 cm|
Minuscule 404 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 467 (in Soden's numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Paleographically it has been assigned to the 13th century. The manuscript has complex contents. Formerly it was designated by the symbols 63a and 68p.
The codex contains a complete text of the Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles, and Pauline epistles (Epistle to the Hebrews is placed between 2 Thessalonians and 1 Timothy), on 157 parchment leaves (17 cm by 12.1 cm). It is written in one column per page, in 26 lines per page.
It contains Prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each book, Synaxarion, subscriptions at the end of each book, numbers of στιχοι, notes to the Catholic epistles, and scholia.
The manuscript once belonged to John Sambucky (together with codex 124). It was presented to Octavio Ferrari in Milano in 1562. It was examined by Treschow, Alter, Andreas Birch, and Burgon. Alter used it in his edition of the Greek New Testament (vol. 2, pp. 741-788). Birch collated some of its readings. C. R. Gregory saw it in 1887.
Formerly it was designated by the symbols 63a and 68p. In 1908 Gregory gave the number 404 to it.
See also↑Jump back a section
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 62.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 71. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig. p. 269.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 289.
- Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1. London: George Bell & Sons. p. 322.
- Francis Karl Alter, Novum Testamentum Graecum, ad Codicem Vindobonensem Graece expressum: Varietam Lectionis addidit Franciscus Carolus Alter, 2 vols. 8vo, Vienna, 1786-1787.
- Andreas Birch, Variae Lectiones ad Textum Actorum Apostolorum, Epistolarum Catholicarum et Pauli, Copenhagen 1798, p. XXII.
- Carlo Castellani, Catalogus codicum graecorum qui in bibliothecam D. Marci Venetiarum inde ab anno MDCCXL ad haec usque tempora inlati sunt, Venedig 1895.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 23 March 2011.