Avengers Assemble (TV series)
|Marvel's Avengers Assemble|
|Developed by||Marvel Animation|
|Written by||Man of Action|
|Voices of||Laura Bailey
Roger Craig Smith
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|Executive producer(s)||Alan Fine
Steven T. Seagle
(Man of Action)
|Production company(s)||Marvel Animation|
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original channel||Disney XD|
|Original airing||May 26, 2013</ref>|
|Preceded by||The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes|
|Related shows||Wolverine and the X-Men|
Avengers Assemble is an upcoming animated series, based on the fictional Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, which has been designed to capitalize on the success of the 2012 film adaptation.Avengers Assemble will premiere on May 26, 2013, on Disney XD. The series will be a replacement for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It will air alongside Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Ultimate Spider-Man. Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle, a group known as Man of Action, have been confirmed to be the executive producers of the series. On the Mighty Marvel Podcast #122 it was revealed the series will debut with an hour long slot featuring episodes 101 and 102 titled "The Avengers Protocol Part 1" and "The Avengers Protocol Part 2" respectively
Falcon (the newest member of The Avengers) is the main eyes and ears of the viewer as he fights evil and saves the world with his teammates (consisting of Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor).
After so many years of life outside, The Red Skull is dying due to his imperfect Super Soldier Serum, so he kidnaps Captain America to transfer minds to a more fit body. After his defeat by a reassembled team of Avengers, Skull takes Iron Man's armor for its life support system, leaving Tony for dead. The Avengers retake Stark's armor, save Tony, and go after Skull who is planning something more dangerous than ever before by teaming up with M.O.D.O.K. to upgrade HYDRA's tech.
- Laura Bailey - Black Widow
- Troy Baker - Hawkeye
- Adrian Pasdar - Iron Man
- Bumper Robinson - The Falcon
- Roger Craig Smith - Captain America
- Fred Tatasciore - The Hulk
- Travis Willingham - Thor
- Charlie Adler - M.O.D.O.K.
- David Kaye - J.A.R.V.I.S.
- Liam O'Brien - Red Skull
- Chi McBride - Nick Fury
Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television and a producer on the series, stated that the series is intended to closely echo the tone and feel of the 2012 The Avengers film. The series will feature a combination of 2D and CGI animation.Avengers Assemble is believed to be viewed as a continuation of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, though other sources say that has yet to be confirmed. The series is slated to premiere on July 7, 2013, with a 1-hour preview of the series airing on May 26. The first Episode was made available free on iTunes on May 21.
- Cochran, Jay. "Download The First Episode Of Avengers Assemble For Free On iTunes Now". Marvelous News. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- Sands, Rich (June 12, 2012). "Exclusive: Marvel Assembles New Animated Series for the Hulk and Avengers". TV Guide. Archived from the original on September 7, 2012. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "NYCC 2012: Avengers Assemble & Hulk Casts Announced". Marvel. Marvel. December 4, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Mighty Marvel Podcast #122 May 22nd 2013
- Goldman, Eric (June 12, 2012). "Marvel Confirms New Avengers Assemble Animated Series". IGN. Archived from the original on September 7, 2012. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- Sands, Rich. "Disney XD Picks Up Marvel Cartoons Featuring the Avengers and the Hulk". TV Guide. Retrieved 13 October 2012.
- Wilding, Josh (July 14, 2012). "SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2012: Highlights From MARVEL TV PRESENTS Panel". Comic Book Movie. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Goldman, Eric (July 14, 2012). "Comic-Con: Avengers Assemble and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. Test Footage Shown". IGN. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
|This animated television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language