||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Awards||John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, 2008/Fellows of Contemporary Art Fellowship,2008/Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grants to Artists Award, 1999.|
Martin Kersels is an American contemporary artist born in 1960 in Los Angeles. Kersels' work is often installation based and incorporates sculpture, photography and video. He was the Co-Director of the Art Program at the California Institute of the Arts and is currently Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in Sculpture at Yale University School of Art.
- "2010: Whitney Biennial", The Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, USA
- Fat Iggy: Discography, Galerie Georges-Philippe & Nathalie Vallois, Paris, France
- "Fat Iggy", Guido Costa Projects, Torino, Italy
- "California Video", The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, USA
- "Headache and Other New Works", ACME., Los Angeles, USA
- Heavyweight Champion, Santa Monica Museum of Art, USA
- Heavyweight Champion, The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum, Saratoga, USA
- Tumble Room/Deitch Projects, Art Unlimited, Art 37 Basel, Basel, Switzerland
- Charms in a Throne Room, ACME., Los Angeles, USA
- Orchestra for Idiots, Galerie Georges-Philippe & Nathalie Vallois, Paris, France
- Wishing Well, ACME, Los Angeles, USA.
- Illuminous, Guido Costa Project, Turin, Italy.
- Fat Man, Galerie Georges-Philippe & Nathalie Vallois, Paris, France
- Bracelet, Peggy Phelps Gallery, Claremont Graduate University, USA
- Martin Kersels, Showette / John Sonsini Recent Paintings, ACME Gallery, Los Angeles, USA
Martin Kersels representing Galleries
- New York Times Review
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language