|A series of articles on|
|Expressions of devotion|
The letter is subtitled: "For the Right Ordering and Development of Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary". The document focuses on Marian devotions and clarifies the way the Roman Catholic Church celebrates liturgies that commemorate Mary. The preparation of the document reportedly took 4 years.
The Apostolic Letter has three part:
- Part 1 discusses the history of Marian devotions and their rationale.
- Part 2 focuses on what should/will take place in Marian devotions in the future.
The conclusion to the document emphasizes the theological and pastoral value of devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
See also↑Jump back a section
- Pope Paul VI's Apostolic Letter Marialis Cultus
- Ann Ball, 2003 Encyclopedia of Catholic Devotions and Practices ISBN 0-87973-910-X page 14
- Peter Stravinskas, 2002, Catholic Dictionary, OSV Press ISBN 978-0-87973-390-2 pages 370-371
- History of Marialis Cultus at University of Dayton
|This article related to an official document of the Catholic Church is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|