|Main interests||Philosophy of language, relativism, American 20th century philosophy|
Maria Baghramian (born March 21, 1954) is a professor of philosophy at the University College Dublin (UCD). Her main research areas are philosophy of language, relativism and 20th-century American philosophy. She was elected a member of the Royal Irish Academy in 2010. Since 2003 she has been the Chief Editor of the International Journal of Philosophical Studies (IJPS).
Baghramian graduated from Queen’s University Belfast in Philosophy and Social Anthropology (1983) with a Double First. She received a PhD from Trinity College Dublin (TCD) in Philosophy of Logic under the supervision of Timothy Williamson (1990). Baghramian has taught in TCD and since 1991 in UCD. She is the Head of the School of Philosophy (2011-2013) and a co-director of the Post Graduate Programme in Cognitive Science at UCD (since 2000).
Baghramian is the founder of the Society for Women in Philosophy (SWIP) – Ireland  (2010) and of Aporo: Irish Network of Philosophical Research. She is an adviser to China Association of Philosophy of Language and Chairperson of the panel of Philosophy and Theology at the Undergraduate Awards. She has organised the Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society and Mind Association conferences in 1996 and 2010. She is the principal investigator of a research project on the American Voice in Philosophy  with the Irish Research Council.
- (Ed.) (2012) Donald Davidson: Life and Words. London/NewYork: Routledge.
- (Ed.) (2012) Reading Putnam. London/New York: Routledge.
- (2004) Relativism: The Problems of Philosophy Series. London/New York: Routledge.
- (Ed.) (2000) with Atracta Ingram. Pluralism: The Philosophy and Politics of Diversity. London/New York: Routledge. Translated into Chinese.
- (1999) Modern Philosophy of Language. London: J.M. Dent 1998 and Washington:Counterpoint 1999.
- Academic profile at UCD School of Philosophy
- Royal Irish Academy members
- International Journal of Philosophical Studies, IJPS
- Baghramian UCD Research Portal Page
- UCD Cognitive Science webpage
- Society for Women in Philosophy (SWIP) – Ireland
- Philosophy of Language in China
- The Undergraduate Awards
- UCD Joint Session
- American Voice in Philosophy
- Irish Research Council
- Chinese translation of Pluralism