||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2009)|
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
Malaysian Christian Association of Relief(CARE) was founded in 1979, whose stated mission is to "To display Christ's love, compassion, and justice, and proclaim the Kingdom of God through the whole gospel to the whole person in the whole nation. "Malaysian CARE is based in Malaysia, with services located in Selangor and Perak.
Malaysian CARE was founded in 1979 by a group of young Christians. The first Board was elected on 24 November 1978, composed of Wong Kim Kong, Lim Heng Seng, Lim Wei Meng, Shirley Lee, Jack Cheah, Liew Chee Kien, Steven Chong, and Doreen Chan. The first Advisors were Mr. David Boler, Rev. Douglas Anderson and Mr. Timothy Phua. On 1 January 1980, Rev. Peter Young was appointed as the first Executive Director of Malaysian Care.
In April 1979 the Malaysian Care pioneers set up their first home, Rumah Care, a home for children whose parents were patients and residents of the Sungai Buloh Leprosarium. The first intake was 11 children . Later, over the years, various services and homes were set up for mentally ill, drug dependents, prisoners, disabled persons and the Orang Asli work.
Malaysian CARE is registered with the Registrar of Societies Malaysia as a charity .
Every year, an Annual General Meeting is held to elect the Board Members. Members vote to elect the Chairman and other official positions of the Board (Secretary General, Financial Secretary, etc.). The current chairman serving (for more than 25 years) is Mr. Daniel Ebinesan, who is the Finance Director of a Malaysian public listed entity.
The Management Team comprises Directors and Assistant Directors of the various services. They are accountable to the Board and head their respective services. The Management Team meets twice every month to discuss matters pertaining to the overall management of the organisation.
Each services also comprises individual Units which is headed by a Coordinator or Leader.The Head of Unit (HOU) reports to the Director of the Service/Department.
Various committees are also set up for various functions such as the Communications Committee, Finance Committee, PSN Committee and other ad hoc as per need. Normally, these committees are represented by their respective Board Member, Director, and Head of Unit. These committees meet every quarter.
According to their website, Malaysian CARE is largely dependent on funding from the local Christian community as well as churches. Their operating budget for the year 2009 is 2.8 million ringgit.
Various projects are also the target of funding from agencies such as the United States Embassy,UNHCR, Malaysian corporate bodies such as TA Enterprise, and international relief agencies such as World Vision and the Government of Japan
After the first home, Rumah Care was established, a number of homes were established in quick succession, each catering to varied social needs then.Amongst them were homes for drug addiction, special needs people, children home and ex-prisoners 
|Name||Year Established||Type of ministry|
|Rumah Care||1979||Children of Leprosy Patients|
|Rumah Cahaya||1980||Drug Addiction|
|Rumah Rahmat||1981||Special Needs People|
|Rumah Harapan||1981||Mental Problems|
|Rumah Keadilan||1982||Ex-Prisoners (Men)|
|Rumah Damai||1982||Old Folks Home|
|Services||Units||Areas of work|
|Prison Drugs & AIDS (PDA)||HIV/AIDS, Men's Ministry, Women & Family Ministry||AIDS Awareness and Education,
Training in Counseling, Training of Trainers, Programme Development Consultancy, Individual Care, Support Group Links, Community Care, Community Services, Community Home
|People with Special Needs (PSN)||Child Services, Adult Services, Research & Development||Early Intervention Programmes (EIP), School Aged Programmed (SAP), Inclusive Preschool Programme (IPP), Workbased Programme, JOY Ministries, Toy Library and Parent Resource Centre, Living Skills Programme, Independent Living Programme, Job Placement, Job Coach Support, Library Services, Referrals and Networking, Parent Services, Compilation and Dissemination of Resources, Coordination of Training, Promotion Work, Advocacy Work|
|Rural Urban Community Development (RUCD)||Urban, Rural, Refugee Work, Orang Asli Cooperative||Economic development, Education development, Core group development, Development education and research, Ladang MCare .|
Areas of Work
- Training in Counseling
- Training of Trainers
- Programme Development Consultancy
- Individual Care
- Support Group Links
- Community Care
- Community Services
- Community Home
- Drug Rehab
- Family Counselling
- Drop-In Centre
- Ex-Prison Half-Way Home
- Guidance on Theraphy
- Rural Community Development (Orang Asli)
- Urban Community Development (Urban Poor)
- Community Education
- Refugee Children Education
- Work Training for Special Needs People
- Job Placement for Special Needs People
- New Straits Times Malaysia - April 12, 1988, page 4, http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=PLcTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_Y8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5707,2913731&dq=malaysian+care
- "Caring for the Needy and "Rejects", New Sunday Times - August 31, 1994, pg. 43, http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=buIVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jxMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1213,4727500&dq=wong%20kim%20kong
- as noted from their website at http://www.malaysiancare.org/index.cfm?menuid=2
- Care Contact March–May 2009, pg 6,http://www.malaysiancare.org/index.cfm?menuid=89&parentid=7&subid=125
- "Empowering Displaced Acehnese Refugee Community Through Community Based Schools, Wong Young Soon,20 November 2007, http://www.malaysiancare.org/newsmaster.cfm?&menuid=61&action=view&retrieveid=2
- “Needs Assessment for a Shelter to House Women of the Chin Community who are at risk/are survivors of Sexual Harassment,” A project by Malaysian Care for UNHCR, 2004
- New Straits Times Malaysia - June 2, 1990,pg.5, http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=lLoTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WpADAAAAIBAJ&pg=5876,329996&dq=malaysian+care
- "Who Cares?, Betty Young, Malaysian Care, 1992
- KOPERASI SENGOI PRIBUMI PERAK BERHAD, http://www.mykoop.com.my/v2/Awam/MaklumatKoperasi/tabid/56/KodNegeri/A/OrderBy/+NamaKoperasi+ASC+/currentpage/48/Default.aspx