Macquarie Boys Technology High School
The present day Macquarie Boys’ Technology High School developed from a school located on a site in Macquarie Street, Parramatta. (That site is currently occupied by Parramatta High School and Arthur Phillip High School). Post primary schooling for boys was provided for on that site by the Boys' Department of Parramatta District School. The Boys’ Department of that school became known as Parramatta Commercial School and in 1920 was called Parramatta Intermediate High School. The title was changed to Parramatta Junior High School in January 1944 and a separate school was formed, still on the same site, with a separate principal.
In 1955 the name was changed to Macquarie Boys’ High School. At the end of 1957 the school moved to its current site on the corner of Kissing Point Road and what was then called Rydalmere Avenue, which was later absorbed into James Ruse Drive. In 1989 the word 'Technology' was added to the school's name.
At the beginning of 2008 years 7 through to 10 were discontinued, while remaining year 11 and 12 students complete their HSC course.
- Cecil Preston, appointed in January 1944 as Principal of Parramatta Junior High School and retired in November 1951.
- William E. Gollan, appointed as Principal of Parramatta Junior High School in January 1952. Became the first principal of Macquarie Boys' High School and established this school on the current site. He retired in March 1965.
- Richard E. Willock, appointed as Principal in 1965. Transferred to Parramatta High School at the end of 1972.
- George Douglas Heard, appointed as Principal of this school in January 1973. Transferred to Model Farms High School at the end of 1977.
- Arthur T. Howland, appointed as Principal of this school in January 1978 and retired at the end of 1982.
- Geoffrey Bartlett, appointed as Principal of this school in January 1983. Transferred to Cumberland High School at the end of 1985.
- Trevor W. Taylor, appointed as Principal of this school in January 1986. Retired in July 1993.
- Geoffrey J. Hogan, appointed as Principal in January 1994.
- Jack McBride, appointed as Principal in 2005.
- Fenahsi Kerim, appointed as Principal in 2008.
The Downfall Of The School
According to Nine News and The Daily Telegraph the school will be shut down at the end of the 2009 school year because of major reputation problems throughout the schools history and the low numbers of students they had in 2007. This has subsequently been confirmed by the New South Wales Department of Education and Training.
List of technology high schools in New South Wales