MV Maid of Glencoul
MV Maid of Glencoul at Rothesay pier
|Name:||MV Maid of Glencoul|
|Builder:||MacCrindle Shipbuilding Ltd, Ardrossan|
|Launched:||3 September 1975|
|Class & type:||Passenger/vehicle ferry|
|Length:||105 ft (32.0 m)]|
|Beam:||33 ft (10.1 m)|
|Installed power:||Twin diesel 2 x M6cy 500bhp|
|Propulsion:||2scr Type 3406PCTA|
Maid of Glencoul has a single car deck with offset bow and stern ramps.
Built for Kylesku, she was the first vessel there capable of carrying fully loaded commercial vehicles. After the opening of the Kylesku Bridge, in 1984, she became the Corran Ferry. She is now the backup vessel at Corran, providing cover for MV Corran's annual overhaul, and for any breakdowns.
- "Maid of Glencoul". Clydebuilt. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Ships Index - M". World Shipping Register. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Maid of Glencoul". Shipspotting. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Kylesku". Undiscovered Scotland. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Corran Ferry". Undiscovered Scotland. Retrieved 13 April 2010.