M. K. Sanu
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007)|
M. K. Sanoo is a protean personality who has enriched Malayalam Literature through his versatile writings. He is a retired professor, critic, biographer, editor, translator, journalist, orator, social activist and humanist. He has authored over thirty six books, translated four and edited ten. His greatness is not confined to the prolificacy of his literary output. He has inspired and motivated a few generations of youth, cultivated new sensibilities in them and made them think of the mysteries of life. He is a permanent member of International body for Human rights. He is also the founding member of Mithram, School for Mentally Handicapped, in Mulanthuruthy village, Ernakulam District, Kerala.
- Karmagathi - 2010
|Sree Narayana Gurudevan||1983||Vivekodayam Printing & Publishing Co.||Iringalakuda|
|Sree Narayana Guru||1999||SPCS||Kottayam|
|Chakravaalam||1962||Sahitya Nilayam Publishing House||Kochi|
|Manninu Manninte Gunam||1964||Vidyartimitram||Kottayam|
|Chumarile Chitrangal||1971||P.K Brothers||Kozhikode|
|Unnathathmakkalude Jeevaraktham||2002||Mathrubhoomi Publishing Co.||Kozhikode|
|Asaanthiyilninnu Saanthiyilekku||2003||Current Books||Kottayam|
|Ente Vazhiyampalangal||2004||Green Books||Thrissur|
|Ezhuthinte Naanarthangal||2005||Green Books||Thrissur|
|Vimarsanathile Raajasilpi||2005||Maarar Saahitya Prakaasham||Kozhikode|
|Thuranna Jaalakam||2006||Kavya Books||Mavelikkara|
|Kaavyathathwa Praveshika||2008||DC Books||Kottayam|
|Aadhyatma Ramayanam||2004||Mathrubhoomi Publishing Co.||Kozhikode|
|Sree Maha Bhagavatham||2008||Green Books||Thrissur|
|Anubhavangal Prathyaasakal||1985||Purogamana Kala Sahitya Sangham||Trivandrum|
|Asthamikkatha Velicham||1962||Poorna Publications||Kozhikode|
|Narayanaguru Swami||1976||Vivekodayam Printing & Publishing Co.||Iringalakuda|
|Sahodaran. K. Ayyappan||1980||DC Books||Kottayam|
|Changampuzha Krishnapilla: Nakshatrangalude Snehabhajanam||1988||SPCS||Kottayam|
|Sahodaran Ayyappan: Oru Kalaghattathinte Silpi||1989||Sree Narayanaguru Samskara Samiti||Kollam|
|Mruthyunjayam Kavyajeevitham||1996||S.N Chandrika Educational Trust||Iringalakuda|
|Parvathy Amma: Asaranarude Amma||2000||Sree Narayana Sevika Samajam||Aluva|
|M Govindan||2002||DC Books||Kottayam|
|Yukthivaadi M.C Joseph||2002||Dept. of Cultural Publications, Govt. of Kerala||Trivandrum|
|Basheer: Ekantha Veedhiyile Avadhoothan||2007||DC Books||Kottayam|
|K.C Mamman Mappila||2008||Kerala Sahitya Akademi||Thrissur|
|Thaazhvarayile Sandhya: Parts I & II||1992||DC Books||Kottayam|
|Ivar Lokathe Snehichavar||1999||Prabhath Book House||Trivandrum|
|Sree Narayana Sandhesam||2000||Lalu Books||Kottayam|
|Ethra Sokamayam Jeevitham||2004||Haritham Books||Kozhikode|
|Anchu Sastra Nayakanmar (Five Major Scientists)||1958||Southern Languages Book Trust||Madras|
|Viswasathilek Veendum (Recovery of Faith)||1959||Southern Languages Book Trust||Madras|
|Guide||1989||Sahitya Akademi||New Delhi|
|Sahodara Saptati||1960||Sahodaran Ayyappan Saptati Celebration Committee||Ernakulam|
|Kumaranasante Kavyaprapancham||1974||Navodhana Samiti||Ernakulam|
|Sahodarante Padyakritikal||1981||DC Books||Kottayam|
|Sree Narayana Sameeksha||1987||Sree Narayana Study Centre, University of Kerala||Trivandrum|
|Kusumathinte Kritikal||1989||DC Books||Kottayam|
|Basheer: Varthamanthinte Bhavi||1994||Asayam Books||Kozhikode|
|Kudumba Vijnana Kosham||1999||Maanas Foundation||Kozhikode|
|Kochi 2000||2000||Cochin Corporation||Ernakulam|
|T.K Ramakrishnan||2001||CPI (M) Dist. Committee||Ernakulam|
|Changampuzha: Selected Poems||2008||Green Books||Thrissur|
|Selected Essays||2008||Kerala Sahitya Akademi||Thrissur|
- 1928 - Born at Thumpoli in Alappuzha, Kerala
- 1939 - Death of Father
- 1953 - Married to Retnamma
- 1955 - Joined Sree Narayana College, Kollam as Lecturer
- 1956 - Joined Maharaja's College, Ernakulam as Lecturer
- 1958 - Published first book of Translation, "Anchu Sastra Nayakanmar"
- 1960 - Published first book of Criticism, "Kaattum Velichavum"
- 1962 - Published first book of Biography, "Asthamikkatha Velicham"
- 1981 - Death of Mother
- 1981 - SPCS Award for the best Biography for the book "Sahodaran. K. Ayyappan"
- 1983 - Retired from College Service
- 1984 - Elected President of Purogamana Kala Sahitya Sangham
- 1985 - Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for the best Critical work for "Avadhaaranam"
- 1985 - Appointed as Director, Sree Narayana Study Centre, University of Kerala
- 1987 - Elected as MLA from Ernakulam Assembly Constituency
- 1988 - Abudabi Sakti Award for "Changampuzha Krishnapilla: Nakshatrangalude Snehabhajanam"
- 1989 - Kusumam Award for the Art of Editing for the work "Kusumathinte Kritikal"
- 1991 - Ezhukon Sivasankaran Award for "Changampuzha Krishnapilla: Nakshatrangalude Snehabhajanam"
- 1991 - Joined as Chief Editor, Kumkumam Weekly, Kollam
- 1992 - Vayalar Award for "Changampuzha Krishnapilla: Nakshatrangalude Snehabhajanam"
- 1992 - Sree Narayana Samskarika Award instituted by Sree Narayana Samskarika Samithi
- 1993 - Sree Narayana Jayanthi Award for the Biography "Narayana Guru Swami"
- 1994 - K.T Achuthan Award for the Best Cultural Activist
- 1997 - Asan Award for the Biography "Mruthyunjayam Kavyajeevitham"
- 1997 - Appointed to Sree Narayana Chair, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- 2002 - Sahodaran Award for the Biography "Sahodaran. K. Ayyappan"
- 2003 - Vyloppilly Award for the Biography "M.Govindan"
- 2005 - Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for total contribution to Malayalam Literature
- 2005 - Elected President, Vayalar Ramavarma Trust
- 2006 - K.C.B.C. Award for contribution to Malayalam Literary Criticism for the work "Asaanthiyilninnu Sannthiyilekku"
- 2007 - Kerala Sahitya Akademi's Eminent Membership
- 2009 - V.K. Rajan Award for the best Social Activist
- 2009 - Sree Narayana Award for Propagation of Sree Narayana ideals
- 2011 - Kendra Sahitya Academy Award for the Biography "Basheer: Ekantha Veedhiyile Avadhoothan"
- 2012 - Pavanan foundation India's Award for 2011 for his Autobiography "Karmagathi"
The biography of Vaikom Muhammad Basheer, titled ‘Basheer: Ekantha Veedhiyile Avadhoothan’ won him Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award . The award carries a cash prize of Rs one lakh and a citation.
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language