||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Leyte's 4th District|
June 30, 2010 – March 19, 2013
|Preceded by||Eufrocino Codilla, Sr.|
|Born||Lucy Marie Torres
December 11, 1974
Ormoc City, Leyte
|Political party||Liberal Party|
|Children||Juliana T. Gomez|
|Profession||Actress, Dancer, Model, Politician|
Lucy Marie Torres-Gomez was born on December 11, 1974, in Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines. Her family owned several hectares of land. Torres is of German, Spanish, Chinese, and native Malay descent. Torres attended elementary and high school at St. Peter's College, Ormoc City.
In 1993, Torres was introduced as the new model for Lux shampoo together with future husband, actor Richard Gomez.
Gomez and Torres were married at St. Peter and Paul Parish Church in Ormoc in 1998. Large TV screens were installed in the plaza, and the entire ceremony and reception was televised. They also held three pre-wedding receptions to accommodate their family, other relatives and friends.
Lucy Torres-Gomez was cast in the television series 'Richard Loves Lucy' with husband Richard Gomez, Gloria Romero, and Jolina Magdangal. She has also hosted All About You, Shall We Dance?, and The Sweet Life. Torres is also presently a Bench endorser, and one of the celebrity designers for Kashieca.
Torres-Gomez was elected representative of the 4th District of Leyte in 2010. Torres' husband, Richard Gomez, was disqualified by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) because of his failure to sufficiently establish residency in Ormoc City. Torres-Gomez was also in danger of being disqualified because of her husband’s previous case with the Commission on Elections (Comelec).
In June 2012, Representative Torres sponsored an amendment to the Expanded Breastfeeding Promotion Act of 2009. The proposed amendment revises the provisions rendering a time for breastfeeding babies during work hours. Breastfeeding mothers would no longer be paid for time spent breastfeeding as they are under the current Milk Code, provided the breaks do not exceed 40 minutes during an eight-hour work period. On March 19, 2013 Supreme Court ousted her ruling that she wasn't a valid substitute for Richard Gomez.
- Richard Loves Lucy (1998–2001; ABS-CBN)
- All About You (2003–2004; GMA Network)
- Shall We Dance? (2005–2010; ABC/TV5)
- The Sweet Life (2007–2011; Q) host
- Mga Mata ni Anghelita (2007; GMA Network) Birheng Maria
- P.O.5 (2010–2011; TV5)
- Talentadong Pinoy (2010–present; TV5) judge
- Gandang Gabi, Vice! (2011; ABS-CBN) Guest
- LilacNCreams (2008-09-08). "Sweetlife". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- "Leave breastfeeding law alone, lawmakers told | Inquirer News". Newsinfo.inquirer.net. 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- Pedrasa, Ira (19 march 2013). "SC ousts Lucy Torres as Leyte rep". ABS-CBN. Retrieved 2013-03-24.