List of victims of the 'Ndrangheta
Map for location of Calabria in Italy
This list of victims of the 'Ndrangheta includes people who have been killed by the Calabrian 'Ndrangheta while opposing its rule. It does not include people killed in internal conflicts of the 'Ndrangheta itself.
- November 24 – Lea Garofalo, the former wife of a member of the 'Ndrangheta who became a police informant (pentito) that was killed and dissolved in acid.
- October 16 – Francesco Fortugno, an Italian politician and the Vice President of the Regional Assembly of Calabria. Fortugno was investigating the awarding of hospital contracts in the Calabrian healthcare system to prevent the penetration of the 'Ndrangheta in the health care system.
- May 24 – Gianluca Congiusta, an Italian businessman murdered in Siderno for refusing to pay extortion money.
- March 16 – Angela Costantino, disappeared, murdered by the Lo Giudice 'Ndrangheta clan from Reggio Calabria because she betrayed her husband while he was detained.
- April 7 - Stefano Ceratti, a cardiologist and politician, murdered because as town councilor he exposed irregularities in public procurement in Bianco (Calabria).
- August 27 – Lodovico Ligato, an Italian Christan Democrat politician from Reggio Calabria and the former head of the Italian State Railways. Ligato demanded a 10 percent bribe on public work contracts, jeopardizing agreements already reached among a so-called "business committee" of local politicians and 'Ndrangheta groups.
- May 3 – Gennaro Musella, a marine engineer killed by a car bomb in Reggio Calabria after interfering in a public contract for the construction of the port of Bagnara Calabra, that had been already claimed by 'Ndrangheta boss Paolo De Stefano, and Catania Mafia boss Nitto Santapaola.
- July 15 – Donald Mackay, an Australian anti-drugs campaigner who denounced marijuana growing by 'Ndrangheta groups around Griffith, New South Wales.
- July 3 – Francesco Ferlaino, an Italian magistrate.
- Mafia informant's body was dissolved in acid, Italian police say, The Guardian, October 18, 2010
- Six Arrested for Acid-Bath Murder of Woman who Grassed Up ’Ndrangheta, Corriere della Sera, October 18, 2010
- Death Comes To Locri, Time, October 23, 2005
- Four get life for 'mafia' killing, BBC News, February 2, 2009
- (Italian) Sito Ufficiale Associazione Gianluca Congiusta
- (Italian) La storia di Angela strangolata per amore, Il Quotidiano della Calabria, April 14, 2012
- (Italian) Furono i Pelle Gambazza di S. Luca a volere la morte di Stefano Ceratti, TeleJonio, October 16, 2010
- Italian parliament looks to the future, The Independent, April 22, 1993
- (Italian) Ucciso Vincenzo Grasso, gestore di una concessionaria di auto, che si rifiutava di pagare il pizzo, Vittime Mafia
- Italian politicians implicated in Mafia murder, The Independent, December 7, 1992
- (Italian) Carmine Tripodi, 24 anni, carabiniere a San Luca, Stopndrangheta.it
- (Italian) Bruno Caccia, giudice tutto d'un pezzo, Stop'ndrangheta.it
- (Italian) Gennaro Musella è vittima di mafia, Reggio TV, January 14, 2009
- (Italian) Il compagno Giuseppe Valarioti, Stop'ndrangheta.it
- Un delitto impunito, Narcomafie, August 15, 2010
- Monuments to honesty and deceit, The Sydney Morning Herald, February 16, 2009
- (Italian) Assassinato il magistrato Francesco Ferlaino, Vittime Mafia
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language