List of county executives of St. Louis County, Missouri
The county executive of St. Louis County, Missouri is the chief executive officer of St. Louis County's government.
List of county executives
|#||Name||Took office||Left office||Party||Terms[A]|
|1||Luman F. Matthews||1951||1959||Republican||2|
|2||James H. J. McNary||1959||1963||Democratic||1|
|3||Lawrence K. Roos||1963||1975||Republican||3|
|4||Gene McNary||1975||October 25, 1989||Republican||3½[B]|
|5||H. C. Milford||October 25, 1989||January 1, 1991||Republican||½|
|6||Buzz Westfall||January 1, 1991||October 14, 2003||Democratic||3½[C]|
|7||Charlie Dooley||October 14, 2003||Incumbent||Democratic||1½[D]|
- A. ^ The fractional terms of some county executives are not to be understood absolutely literally; rather, they are meant to show single terms during which multiple county executives served, due to resignations, deaths and the like.
- B. ^ McNary resigned from office to head the federal Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- C. ^ Westfall died while in office.
- D. ^ Dooley was made the acting county executive on October 14, 2003.
Last modified on 23 December 2009, at 08:11↑Jump back a section
- "St. Louis County Missouri: 2007-2012 Fact Book". St. Louis County. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "2002 St. Louis County Fact Book - History". St. Louis County. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "St. Louis County Charter". St. Louis County. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- Cohn, Robert A. (1974). The History and Growth of St. Louis County, Missouri (6th ed. ed.). s. n. OCLC 2161309.
- Tipton, Virgil (1989-10-26). "Milford Faces Test As Executive". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- "St. Louis County Executive 'Buzz' Westfall dies at 59". St. Louis Business Journal. 2003-10-28. Retrieved 2008-08-29.