List of companies of Greece
|Economy of Greece|
This is a list of wholly or partially Greek-owned companies operating in and outside of Greece or foreign-owned companies in Greece employing Greeks. NOTE: S.A. (Greek: A.E) is used as a suffix to denote a public limited company, as in Plc.
- Acropole Hotel - oldest hotel in Khartoum, Sudan owned by the Pagoulatos family
- Acropolis Rally — Automotive
- Aegean Airlines (Αεροπορία Αιγαίου Α.Ε.) - Greek airline
- Aeolian Investment Fund S.A. - capital markets/investments
- Alpha Bank - 2nd. largest bank in Greece, named after the first letter of the Greek alphabet
- Aluminum of Greece - Part of Mytilineos Holdings
- ANEK Lines - ferry service to Crete and other Greek ports, and to Italy
- ANT1 (Αντέννα Τηλεόραση Α.Ε.) - largest television network in Greece
- ANT1 Group - largest Greek media company in the world
- Apogevmatini - Greek newspaper
- Attica Group - Greek Ship owners.
- Attiki Odos S.A. (Αττική Οδός Α.Ε.) -supervises Athens' ringroad
- Attiko Metro S.A. (Αττικό Μετρό Α.Ε.) - Athens Subway
- Bank of Attica
- Bank of Greece - Greek central bank
- Ceres Hellenic Shipping Enterprises
- Coca-Cola Hellenic is the world's second-largest Coca-Cola anchor bottler and bottler in 28 countries.
- Compupress - Magazine & Book Publishing Company
- Cosmote - mobile telephony operator
- Danaos Corporation: marine/shipping industry
- Delta Projects: heavy machinery
- EAS - Hellenic Defence Systems
- EFG Eurobank-Ergasias - Part of Spiro Latsis group of companies.
- EFront - e-learning platform
- Ellaktor - a multinational Greek construction group.
- Eleftherotypia - Greek newspaper
- Ellinikí Radiofonía Tileórasi (ERT) - Greek Public Broadcasting Corporation
- Elvo - Vehicle industry - part of Mytilineos Holdings
- Emporiki Bank (Εμπορική Τράπεζα Emporiki Trapeza) - Banking and Finance; a unit of Crédit Agricole
- Ergon S.A. - Construction.
- Euroseas - controlled by Aristides Pittas and the Pittas Family
- Evga S.A. (ΕΒΓΑ) - dairy company
- Fage (Φάγε) - Dairy company
- Folli Follie jewellery, watches accessories.
- Geniki Bank (General Bank of Greece)
- Goody's - Fast-food chain
- Global Comp - IT Services Company
- Hellenic Aerospace Industry — aerospace
- Hellenic Petroleum — largest oil refining company in Greece.
- Hellenic Shipyards — shipyards
- Hellenic Telecommunication Organization (OTE) — telecommunications
- Hercules - Cement manufacturer
- Hotel Grande Bretagne - a luxury city hotel in Athens
- Ideal Bikes - Worldwide known bicycle manufacturer
- Intracom (Ίντρακoμ) - multinational technology group
- Intralot - Betting technologies
- Ion- Confectionery products
- Jumbo S.A. - Greece's largest toy retailer
- Kathimerini - Greek newspaper
- Kyknos (tomato sauce)
- Kotsovolos - electrical goods retailer.
- Lavipharm - Health Care, pharmaceuticals
- Louis Hellenic Cruises
- Makedonia -(newspaper)
- Marfin Investment Group
- Maritime Company of Lesvos
- Mega Channel — media
- Metaxa- Alcohol beverage
- Mevgal (ΜΕΒΓΑΛ)- dairy products
- Minoan Lines — ferry service
- Mytilineos Holdings
- Navios Maritime Holdings Inc.
- National Bank of Greece - Banking & finance
- Nel Lines - owned by Maritime Company of Lesvos
- Neorion — Shipyards
- Olivestate - Production and bottling of extra virgin olive oil from Sparta
- Other LTD - Business Consulting and Experiential Soft Skills Training
- Pelargos (Πέλαργος) — tomato sauce
- Philkeram-Johnson-Ceramic Tiles
- Piraeus Bank (ΤΡΑΠΕΖΑ ΠΕΙΡΑΙΩΣ) — banking/financial industry.
- Pitsos (Πίτσος) — appliances
- Pouliadis Associates Corporation
- Proton Bank- Banking/financial
- Q-Telecom - Mobile telephony operator
- Saracakis - Automotive
- Sfakianakis - Automotive
- Star Channel - Television network
- Superfast Ferries
- SmartNS - IT Networking
- T Bank (formerly Aspis Bank) - Banking & finance
- Ta Nea - Daily newspaper
- TANCo electronics - Public Information & Sports Timing
- Temax - Firefighting vehicles
- Titan Cement - Cement supplier
- To Vima - Media
- Track7 - videogames
- Viki - Meat Packaging
- Viohalco (ΒΙΟΧΑΛΚΟ) - Heavy Industries
- Vivartia - Food industry
- Vodafone Greece
- Ypsilon S.A. — Agrochemicals, Seeds, Fertilizers
- Zenon S.A. — Industrial Goods & Services. Glyka Nera, Greece
- Zagori (Ζαγόρι) — Bottled spring water. Ioania, Greece
Former Companies (Defunct, Acquired and Merged)
- Bank of Athens - Acquired by EFG Eurobank Ergasias.
- Bank of Crete (Trapeza Kritis)
- Biamax - Vehicles
- Eleftheros Typos - Greek newspaper
- Greek Steamship Company
- Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. - beverage producer, merged in 2000 with the London-based Coca-Cola Beverages to form Coca-Cola Hellenic.
- Olympic Airlines — the Greek national airline today Olympic Air
Last modified on 8 March 2013, at 23:15
↑Jump back a section