List of Teen Wolf characters
Teen Wolf is an American television series that currently airs on MTV. The series premiered on June 5, 2011, following the 2011 MTV Movie Awards.Teen Wolf is a supernatural drama series that follows Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a high school student and social outcast that gets bitten by a werewolf and attempts to maintain a normal life while hiding his secret life as a werewolf and dealing with numerous supernatural dangers with the help of his trusted best friend Stiles Stilinski (Dylan O'Brien), and mysterious werewolf, Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin).
Scott McCall, portrayed by Tyler Posey, is the series' main protagonist. Scott is bitten by a werewolf, transforming him into a werewolf as well. Using his new supernatural abilities, he is now the captain of his high-school lacrosse team. He falls in love with Allison, who he later discovers to be part of an old werewolf-hunter family. Seeing his new abilities as a curse, Scott wishes to find a cure.
Scott is extremely caring and protective of his loved ones, particularly Allison, who he regards as both his greatest strength and his greatest weakness, and his mother, Melissa. He willingly risks his own life to protect those close to him, as well as anyone he deems innocent, and tries to balance the relationships he shares with those around him with his double-life and the dangers it presents. Scott lives with his mother, who works as a hospital nurse; his father is out of the picture, though this does not bother Scott and his mother, both of whom are content with just each other. Scott is closest to his best friend, Stiles.
"Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game for Facebook, states that Scott was born on August 23. He likes guitars, horror films, and skateboarding, and is a fan of The Black Lips, Kids of 88, Blink-182, and Lost in Kostko (Tyler Posey's band in real life, in which he plays guitar and sings lead vocals).
Allison Argent, portrayed by Crystal Reed, is Scott's love interest, and a descendent from a long line of werewolf hunters. She is at first unaware of Scott and Derek's lives as werewolves, and her family's werewolf-hunter life. By the end of season 1, she discovers that Scott and Derek are werewolves, though this does not halt her relationship with Scott, and learns of her family's werewolf-hunter life.
Allison is caring, sweet, and agile with a natural talent for archery. Unlike her grandfather Gerard and aunt Kate, both of whom murdered werewolves regardless of their innocence, she believes in the Argents' hunting code ("Nous Chassons ceux qui nous chassent", which is French for "We hunt those who hunt us") like her father, Chris Argent. Her father soon starts Allison's training to be a werewolf hunter. In Season 2, Allison is corrupted by Gerard, who emotionally blackmails her into attacking innocent werewolves, but she soon realizes her mistake. She hates the feeling of being weak and uses her training to take care of herself in dangerous situations.
"Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game, states that Allison was born on March 19 in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. She likes archery, running, and Unicef, and is a fan of Karmin, Arcade Fire, Florence and the Machine, and Vampire Weekend.
Stiles Stilinski, portrayed by Dylan O'Brien, is Scott's long-time childhood best friend and the show's breakout character. He is shown to be very intelligent, if not somewhat impractical about things, and caring with a sarcastic nature. The show alludes to him having attention deficit hyperactivity disorder through references to his Adderall use, which lends to his fidgeting gestures and frequent flailing. Stiles provides comic relief to the otherwise dramatic events that plague him and Scott. His eagerness to help and his caring nature often puts him in dangerous situations.
Stiles holds an intense but unrequited love for Lydia Martin, having harbored a crush for her since the third grade. Stiles also shares a very close relationship with his father, Sheriff Stilinski; his mother died when he was a little boy. Stiles is shown to be insecure about his mother's death, blaming himself for it and thinking it will come between him and his father. He wishes he could help and protect his father in some way, feeling he can't because he does not have supernatural abilities. "Stiles" is not his first name; creator Jeff Davis has stated that Stiles' real name hasn't been revealed. It is canon that Stiles' first name was his maternal grandfather's name.
"Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game, states that Stiles was born on April 8. He likes drumming, snowboarding, and the New York Mets. He is a fan of the bands The Ramones, The Offspring, Mumford and Sons, and Slow Kids At Play (Dylan O'Brien's band in real life, in which he plays drums).
Derek Hale, portrayed by Tyler Hoechlin, is a werewolf by genetic lycanthropy, passed down through his family line. He is one of three survivors of the fire that burned down his family's home (the other two being his older sister, Laura Hale, and his uncle, Peter Hale). In the season 1 finale, Derek becomes The New Alpha werewolf after killing his uncle, the previous Alpha, to avenge Laura's death.
Despite his competitive cold easily aggravated and does not trust people in general nature, Derek genuinely cares for Scott and his friends, and always tries to keep them out of danger's way. He strongly disapproves of Scott's relationship with Allison, due to the fact that she's a hunter. He shares an antagonistic relationship with the Argents, mainly because Kate Argent (who is deceased after season 1) started the fire that killed the Hale family. As the new alpha, Derek assembles himself a pack, consisting of three students from Beacon Hills High who all have dark backgrounds, just as he does. and also As the new alpha he openly displayed his pride.
Creator and producer Jeff Davis released a statement on Twitter insinuating that Derek is older than the audience thinks, and more will be revealed about him in season 3, premiering in 2013. A 15-year old Derek Hale will be shown in the 8th episode of Season 3, played by actor Ian Nelson.
Lydia Martin, portrayed by Holland Roden, is Beacon Hills High's most popular female student. Lydia at first appears to be a shallow girl, but in reality she is surprisingly caring, especially about her friends, and extremely intelligent, excelling in math and science. She is well aware of Stiles's feelings for her but does not reciprocate them. She shows her warm nature in the first episode by befriending Allison on her first day at school. Her love interest is Jackson Whittemore; although in the first season she makes it apparent she is merely dating him due to his high social status, it is later revealed that she cares more about him than she lets on and may even be in love with him. The two share a conflicted but close relationship.
At the end of season 1, Lydia is bitten by The Alpha Peter Hale but neither dies nor turns. Instead, she is revealed to be immune. This goes against her in season 2 when Peter Hale uses her immunity to come back to life. In the season 2 finale, Lydia faces the Kanima and successfully coaxes it to transform back into Jackson by holding up the house key Jackson had given her when they were together. When Jackson asks if she still loves him, she responds that she does.
"Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game, states that Lydia was born on March 23. She likes Mu Alpha Theta, figure skating, yoga, and astrophysics, and is a fan of Madonna, Calvin Harris, Kids of 88, Muse, and Kat Graham.
Jackson Whittemore, portrayed by Colton Haynes, is the former captain, now former co-captain, of the Beacon Hills lacrosse team. He has a competitive and aggressive nature, which shows through hostility towards people who best him. The show implies that he wants to make others proud of him. Despite his abrasive personality, he cares about his friends and dislikes hurting them. He is insecure about his adoption and the fact that he does not know his real parents, leading him to be unable to see his adoptive parents as his true mother and father. His birth mother had died on June 14 while pregnant, meaning he had been pulled out of his dead mother's womb.
Though Derek gives Jackson the bite, his body rejects it in season 2 and Jackson instead becomes the Kanima, a murderous shapeshifting creature that is a weapon of vengeance. The Kanima seeks a master who wishes to exact revenge on others to control it, revealing that as the Kanima, Jackson's every move is controlled by someone else. Jackson does not know that he is the Kanima, nor does the Kanima side of him know that it is Jackson. It is revealed that he became the Kanima because he is an orphan, meaning he lacks an identity. He can be saved by a person with whom he shared a true bond; in Jackson's case, this person is Lydia. Through Lydia's selflessness in the finale, Jackson heals and finally becomes a werewolf—however, with blue eyes rather than gold. Creator Jeff Davis stated that Jackson's eyes are blue for a reason, which will be revealed in season 3, premiering in 2013.
"Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game, states that Jackson was born on June 15. He likes Porsche, Golden State Warriors, USC Trojans, and the San Jose Sharks, and is a fan of Wiz Khalifa, Nicki Minaj, Drake, and Gym Class Heroes.
On October 12, 2012 it was announced that Colton Haynes will not be returning to the show.
Isaac Lahey, portrayed by Daniel Sharman, introduced in season 2, is a tormented teen and lacrosse player who lives across the street from Jackson. Isaac was abused by his father, who tortured him by often locking him in their basement freezer. Isaac is turned into a werewolf by Derek and becomes the first member of Derek's pack. He wished to become a werewolf to feel powerful and confident after a long history of physical and mental abuse from his father, who is murdered by the Kanima in the season 2 premiere.
Unlike the others in Derek's pack, Isaac has control of his inner wolf during the full moon, and has good intentions and a warm heart. Among the dangerous events, Isaac sides with Scott, revealing that he trusts him and holds onto Scott's friendship because he doesn't have anyone there for him. He helps Scott against Gerard and stays as a part of Derek's pack instead of following the others in the pack, who want to leave Derek. It is implied that Isaac looks up to Derek in the way that he couldn't look up to his own father. Creator Jeff Davis has stated that Isaac will be a big part of season 3, premiering in 2013, and will possibly threaten Scott and Stiles' friendship with his own close bond that he shares with Scott.
"Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game, states that Isaac was born on September 22, and likes lacrosse and BMX. He is a fan of M. Ward, Belle and Sebastian, Coldplay, and Feist.
- Peter Hale (Ian Bohen) Season 1-2-3
- Peter is Derek's uncle and was the main antagonist in the first season. In the Hale Fire, he was badly burned and assumed to be paralyzed. In Wolf's Bane, he was revealed to be The Alpha who had bitten Scott and murdered many people involved in the Hale Fire. In the Season 1 finale, he murdered Kate Argent - the final person involved directly in the fire - and was burned alive by Scott, Allison, Stiles, and Jackson before getting his throat slashed by Derek. In Season 2's finale, he uses Lydia in a yet-unexplained manner to return to life. Show Executive Producer Jeff Davis confirmed that Peter Hale reverted to a Beta wolf class once he was resurrected, and is now a member of Derek's pack. Peter's actual motives for returning are yet to be revealed.
- Laura Hale (Haley Roe Murphy) Season 1
- Laura was Derek's sister and also a born werewolf. She survived the Hale Fire because she was in school at the time. It is unknown if the fire caused her to become the Hale family Alpha once her mother Talia died, or if she already held that title prior to the fire. Unlike other wolves, Laura was able to transform into a fully formed canine wolf while in her Alpha state. Sometime after the fire, Laura returned to Beacon Hills to investigate who was responsible for the fire. She was able to uncover some information, but was killed by Peter before she was able to find out the whole truth. The discovery of half of her body in the Beacon Hills Preserve sparked the plot for the series. Strangely enough, Kate Argent (before her death) admitted to Derek that she was the one who cut Laura's body in two. Whether this is true or not has not been revealed. It was revealed that a teenaged Laura Hale would be shown in the 8th episode of season 3's Teen Wolf, played by actress Ana Valentine Walczak.
- Boyd is a shy loner at Beacon Hills High School and works at the Beacon Hills Ice Rink. In the second season, he is the third member of Derek's pack, although he's the fourth teenager that Derek had bitten. For most of the season, he was Derek's right-hand man, as he is perhaps the most grounded teenager on the show. Scott acknowledges Boyd as being physically stronger than he is, but slower as well. He was close to Erica, and left with her to find another pack at the end of Season 2. After a short altercation with and capture by the Argents, he and Erica attempt flee Beacon HIlls, but are trapped by the Alpha Pack, leaving his fate uncertain.
- Erica Reyes (Gage Golightly), Season 2
- Erica was a student at Beacon Hills who suffered from epilepsy. At the hospital after a seizure, Derek gives her the bite, promising that her illness will go away. Erica is the second member and the first female werewolf in Derek's pack and changes remarkably, becoming more confident and stylish. She reveals that she used to have a huge crush on Stiles but that he never noticed her. Erica is shown to be close to both Isaac and Boyd throughout the season, and repeatedly antagonizes Allison. At the end of season 2, she and Boyd leave Derek to find a new pack. They are captured by Gerard, but are freed by Chris. While fleeing, Erica and Boyd are then trapped by an Alpha Pack leaving their fate uncertain. The show's creator Jeff Davis later confirmed that Erica was alive at the close of season 2, but the actress left the show. How this will be explained has not yet been revealed.
- "Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game, states that Erica was born on November 14 and is a fan of Sufjan Stevens, Paramore, and She & Him. She likes knitting, jewelry-making, Zumba Fitness, and cooking.
- Chris Argent (JR Bourne)
- Chris is Allison's father and a notable werewolf hunter. He is a strict, no-nonsense man, and overprotective of Allison. He has a rocky relationship with Scott due to Scott's status as both a werewolf and Allison's boyfriend. Chris is generally sticks to the hunters' code and does not believe in killing the innocent; However, he is also very strong-minded and watchful of the werewolves. He shares an antagonistic relationship with Derek but does not hurt or attack his pack. He trains Allison to become a hunter, but becomes upset and cautious when his father Gerard corrupts her. In realizing that Gerard is the enemy, Chris allies with Scott and Derek to stop him in the season 2 finale.
- Kate Argent (Jill Wagner), Season 1
- Kate was Chris' sister and Allison's aunt, and the secondary antagonist in the first season. Kate was more bloodthirsty than her brother, and a proven manipulator, often using her sexuality to her advantage. She appeared to be the cruelest of the hunters, and like her father, Gerard, took great pleasure in hurting any werewolf she could. Kate an underaged Derek Hale into having a romantic/sexual relationship with her, only to betray him and set the Hale Fire. She was close to Allison, but was not above using her, and was the one who told her about the supernatural world. She was eventually killed by Peter Hale as revenge for the Hale Fire.
- Victoria Argent (Eaddy Mays) Seasons 1-2
- Victoria was Allison's mother and Chris's wife. She was a fairly vindictive and cold-hearted woman, giving werewolves no mercy. Victoria was also not above killing young people. In "Raving," she tried to murder Scott by triggering his asthma with wolfsbane to keep him away from Allison. Her plan was foiled by Derek, who saved Scott and bit her in the process. She committed suicide (with Chris's help) so that she would not become a werewolf. Her death causes Allison's moral spiral at the end of Season 2.
- Gerard Argent (Michael Hogan), Seasons 2-Current
- Gerard Argent is Allison's grandfather, a lethal werewolf hunter and the main antagonist of season 2. He came to town to avenge his daughter Kate's death, declares that there is no more code and that he will kill all werewolves in Beacon Hills, regardless of their innocence. When Gerard finds out that Scott is a werewolf, he blackmails him into following his orders by threatening to kill Scott's mother. Gerard also manipulates Allison into briefly joining him after her mother's death. In "Fury," Gerard kills Matt and becomes the Kanima's new master. He then steps up as the season's main antagonist, threatening Melissa McCall's life again and abducting and beating Stiles as a message to Scott. In the season 2 finale, it is revealed that Gerard has cancer and plans to be bitten by Derek to become an Alpha and cure himself. His body rejects the bite and he collapses, but his body disappears, leaving his fate unknown.
- Bobby Finstock (Orny Adams)
- Coach Finstock is the eccentric and sarcastic coach of the Beacon Hills High School lacrosse team; he also works as an economics teacher. Finstock pressures the players to do their best, targeting Scott and Stiles often. Though he pushes the team to their limit, he encourages teamwork and is shown to support them wholeheartedly through games. He often expresses hostility toward an off-screen character named "Greenberg" and makes cracks about his one testicle.
- Adrian Harris (Adam Fristoe)
- Harris is the chemistry teacher at Beacon Hills High School. He usually pressures Scott in class when Scott doesn't pay attention, and gives indirect insults to Stiles. He is hard on the students, quizzing them often. He is questioned by Sheriff Stilinski in season 1, regarding the murderous events that take place, which subsequently reveals that 6 years ago, he gave information to a woman on how to set a house on fire and make it look like it was not an act of arson after she got him drunk. He also reveals that a few days after he gave this information, a house caught on fire and was burned down (the Hale family murder). The woman he gave information to is revealed to be Kate Argent.
- Danny Mahealani (Keahu Kahuanui)
- Danny is Jackson's best friend and is also on the lacrosse team. He is one of the Beacon Hills High in-crowd and is an openly gay student. Danny often tries to calm Jackson down when he is angry or irritated. He also seems to befriend Stiles and Scott in indirect ways. Stiles often wonders aloud if Danny finds him attractive. He is the goalie on the lacrosse team. His last name is Hawaiian for "Full Moon".
- "Teen Wolf: The Hunt", a Teen Wolf inspired social network game, states that Danny was born on Leap Day (February 29) and likes computers and photography. He is a fan of Jay-Z, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monae. It was revealed that Danny will form a relationship with one of the new wolves in season 3.
- Melissa McCall (Melissa Ponzio)
- Melissa is Scott's cynical but comforting and loving mother. She works as a nurse at the local hospital and worries that she doesn't give Scott enough time or attention. Scott is very close to his mother, especially since his father is no longer in the picture. However, Melissa argued with a teacher in season 1 that neither Scott nor she feels the need of a male figure in the house. In season 2, Melissa finds out that her son is a werewolf. Although she is shocked at first, she comes to accept Scott for what he is and encourages him to help others with his abilities.
- Sheriff Stilinski (Linden Ashby)
- The Sheriff is Stiles' father and the sheriff of Beacon Hills. He is an intelligent and dedicated officer, although his ability to do his job is hampered by his unawareness of the supernatural forces behind many of the crimes in Beacon Hills. Stilinski and Stiles are mutually supportive and protective of one another, in part because of the death of Stiles' mother some years before the beginning of the series. Stilinski is close to Scott and Scott's mother, Melissa.
- Matt Daehler (Stephen Lunsford), Season 2
- Matt was a teenager with an eye for photography who had stalkerish affections for Allison. He is proved to be the Kanima's first master. Matt used the Kanima to take revenge on the 2006 swim team and kill the entire team; in 2006, 9-year-old Matt had gone to Isaac's house to trade superhero cards with him. The swim team of that time was having a pool party, and Matt was thrown into the pool, despite yelling that he can't swim, resulting in him almost drowning. He used the Kanima to murder all the people who were involved in the incident. Matt takes Scott, Stiles, Sheriff Stilinski and Melissa hostage but Gerard kills him by drowning him, using this opportunity to become the Kanima's new master.
- Mr. Lahey (John Wesley Shipp), Season 2
- Mr. Lahey was the owner of the Beacon Hills Cemetery and the swim coach of Beacon Hills High in 2006. He was abusive to his son Isaac, torturing him by often locking him in the basement freezer. In the season two premiere, he makes fun of Isaac when interrogated by Sheriff Stilinski, and also attacks Isaac during dinner. He is later murdered by the Kanima, which sets Isaac on the quest to become part of Derek's pack and get the confidence and power he lacked.
- Dr. Alan Deaton (Seth Gilliam) Season 1-current
- Deaton is the mysterious vet at Beacon Hills Animal Hospital and Scott's boss. The vet knows more than he lets on and later reveals that aside from working with animals, he also works with werewolves and other supernatural creatures, healing them when they're injured. He is shown to have vast supernatural knowledge and helps Scott, Stiles, and Derek and his pack through season 2. Dr. Deaton also reveals to Derek that he had been a trusted advisor and helper to the Hale family for a long time and that he made a promise to Derek's mother that he would help Derek and look after him if she were to die. It is implied that Dr. Deaton is a supernatural investigator of some sort, and has inhuman strength, as he does not budge or become injured even when furniture is thrown at him.
- Ms. Morrell (Bianca Lawson), Seasons 2-Current
- Ms. Morrell is the mysterious guidance counselor/French teacher at Beacon Hills High. She is an associate of Dr. Deaton, but this is known only to the audience, and not any of the other characters in Beacon Hills. Throughout the second season, she counseled both Stiles and Lydia through various traumas, and helped Allison translate an entry in the Argent's bestiary. At the end of Season 2, she convinces Dr. Deaton to get more involved in the supernatural goings-on of Beacon Hills, although what this will entail for them both is yet to be revealed.
- Bricker, Tierney (February 2, 2011). "'Teen Wolf': MTV announces premiere date". Zap2it. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Davis, Jeff. "Stiles' ADHD". Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Teen Wolf". I.imgur.com. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- E Online article
- E Online article
- Entertainment Tonight article
- "Teen Wolf - Boyd's full name revealed!". Spoilertv.com. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- Danny/Ethan news
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language