Medium (season 6)
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (July 2010)|
|Medium Season 6|
"Trust What You See"
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original run||September 25, 2009– May 21, 2010|
|Home video release|
|DVD release date||Region 1: October 5, 2010|
After 5 years on NBC, CBS picked Medium up on Friday nights between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs. Allison is finally out of her coma after suffering from a brain tumor on her brain stem and at first she can barely use her right hand, but as the season progresses she gets better and better. The first few episodes Mrs. DuBois walks with a cane and does physical therapy. She got to keep her gift because she delayed the surgery from season 5 at the very end to catch Oswald Castillo. Allison's friend who was in the hospital with her played by Martha Plimpton dies under mysterious circumstances and Allison realizes it was the doctor who saved her life. The Halloween Episode Bite Me is a take on Night of the Living Dead where Allison uses her dream to catch a killer who one would never suspect. Another greedy doctor creates a vaccine hoping to make millions by infecting people, but the courageous guy that the doctor gave it to, killed himself. Joe gets a new job, but to his dismay he gets to work with a very eccentric leader played by Joel Moore. After Terry (Joe's last boss) sold the company, the people that bought it out wanted to keep Joe on working 3 days a week in San Diego, but when Allison got sick he had to resign his position. By now, all three girls are growing up with Ariel graduating high school. Allison learns a valuable lesson in one episode where she tries desperately to get Ariel to do the things she does, but soon realizes, Ariel has to live her life and move on and the college she wants to attend is Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. Lee and Lynn have a baby and decide to get married in the final episode.
Cast and characters
- Patricia Arquette as Allison DuBois
- Miguel Sandoval as Manuel Devalos
- David Cubitt as Lee Scanlon
- Sofia Vassilieva as Ariel DuBois
- Maria Lark as Bridgette DuBois
- Jake Weber as Joe DuBois
|No.||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||U.S. viewers
|Original air date|
|96||1||"Déjà Vu All over Again" (Part 2)||Aaron Lipstadt||Craig Sweeny & Robert Doherty||8.87||September 25, 2009|
|Allison is slowly, sporadically regaining both her physical abilities and her psychic talents. Unfortunately, she becomes more confused than enlightened when her "gift" re-emerges as a strange form of deja-vu, that hinders rather than helps her in her investigation of a newscaster's alleged stalker.|
|97||2||"Who's That Girl"||Larry Teng||Corey Reed & Travis Donnelly||7.84||October 2, 2009|
|Ariel begins to display bizarre behavior, unnerving Allison, who theorizes that a slain revenge-seeking stripper might be possessing Ariel.|
|98||3||"Pain Killer"||Tate Donovan||Craig Sweeny & Robert Doherty||8.29||October 9, 2009|
|A cancer-stricken friend of Allison’s dies suddenly, leading her to suspect the woman’s illness did not kill her, and that a hospital's doctor is to blame. Elsewhere, Joe takes cues from a story Bridgette wrote when it eerily echoes his latest job interview.|
|99||4||"The Medium Is the Message"||Larry Teng||Michael Narducci & Robert Doherty||8.10||October 16, 2009|
|Allison sees visions of mysterious symbols that could be the key to capturing a serial killer, but they may simply be consequences of her recent brain surgery, which leads her to unravel the truth behind them.|
|100||5||"Baby Fever"||Vincent Misiano||Jordan Rosenberg||8.48||October 23, 2009|
|Allison becomes obsessed with rescuing the 11 month old son of Dana and Scott Calvert, and ultimately becomes so fixated on the child that she kidnaps him. Meanwhile, Bridgette starts to study the clarinet, until Marie turns out to be a prodigy.|
|101||6||"Bite Me"||Aaron Lipstadt||Robert Doherty & Craig Sweeny||7.82||October 30, 2009|
|In a Halloween special, Allison has vivid nightmares that insert her into scenes from the classic horror film Night of the Living Dead, which leave her with unexplained cuts and bite marks and possible clues that could lead her to a funeral director's murderer.|
|102||7||"New Terrain"||Arlene Sanford||Steve Lichtman||7.74||November 6, 2009|
|When Allison's car is wrecked, the SUV she rents turns out to have some unusual features, including a satellite radio that allows her to hear other people's conversations.|
|103||8||"Once in a Lifetime"||David Arquette||Heather Mitchell||8.16||November 13, 2009|
|When Ariel begins dating a boy from school, Allison has visions that indicate he may be involved in a local murder. Meanwhile, Bridgette finds herself in trouble when she is discovered posting embarrassing videos of a man on the Internet.|
|104||9||"The Future's so Bright"||Peter Werner||Craig Sweeny & Robert Doherty||7.80||November 20, 2009|
|When Allison develops a strange sensitivity to light, the sunglasses she wears reveal mysterious numbers across people's foreheads. Also, Allison's dream about Joe's dad causes Joe to start taking better care of his health.|
|105||10||"You Give Me Fever"||Aaron Lipstadt||Jordan Rosenberg||6.96||December 4, 2009|
|Allison's visions become a vital source of information to the authorities after samples of a deadly disease disappear. Meanwhile, Scanlon thinks he's ready to ask Lynn to marry him, but his plans don't go as smoothly as expected.|
|106||11||"An Everlasting Love"||Peter Werner||Corey Reed & Travis Donnelly||8.87||January 8, 2010|
|The police hunt a serial murderer, dubbed the "penny jar killer" because dead bodies are left at the scene of fresh kidnappings. When the primary suspect dies, his ghost contacts Allison to clear his name and communicate with his girlfriend. Allison reluctantly complies hoping the ghost will help her with the case. Meanwhile, Joe's boss asks him to critique his debut novel's 900+ page manuscript.|
|107||12||"Dear Dad…"||Aaron Lipstadt||Geoff Geib||8.96||January 15, 2010|
|As the anniversary of Devalos' daughter's death come to pass, Devalos is haunted by memories of the traumatic event. This is exacerbated by the presence of a mysterious letter that appears in Devalos' mailbox. Meanwhile, Allison has dreams of Devalos' earlier days as a defense attorney and the morally ambiguous measures he once took against a client.|
|108||13||"Psych"||Vincent Misiano||Diane Ademu-John & Robert Doherty||8.02 ||January 29, 2010|
|Allison dreams about a schizophrenic child. She later meets the child, now grown up and acting normal, in a psychiatric ward, where her roommate has allegedly run away. Meanwhile, Bridgette develops feelings for a boy.|
|109||14||"Will the Real Fred Rovick Please Stand Up?"||Larry Reibman||Craig Sweeny & Robert Doherty||9.10||February 5, 2010|
|With everyone caught up in the sensational trial of a glamorous young woman accused of the murder of her 93-year-old husband, Allison begins seeing the face of a man named Fred ( Diedrich Bader) everywhere she goes.|
|110||15||"How to Beat a Bad Guy"||Larry Teng||Michael Narducci||7.91||March 5, 2010|
|Allison enrols herself in self-defense classes that may be connected to a series of other murders. Meanwhile, Devalos works on a teenager's rape case, as well as looking into a suspected murder involving a police officer that is believed to be Scanlon's convicted, older brother.|
|111||16||"Allison Rolen Got Married"||David Paymer||Heather Mitchell||7.62||March 12, 2010|
|Allison and Joe's wedding is revisited, and as they prepare for their big day, she must also cope with the increasing strength of her "gift" and what these glimpses into her possible future could mean for her and her life with Joe.|
|112||17||"There Will Be Blood… Type A" (Part 1)||Arlene Sanford||Jordan Rosenberg||6.20||April 2, 2010|
|Allison and her daughters dream of the same mysterious girl who may be linked to the bizarre serial murders of entire families. Also, Joe and his boss find themselves at odds while working on a major project.|
|113||18||"There Will Be Blood… Type B" (Part 2)||Peter Werner||Steve Lichtman||7.54||April 9, 2010|
|Allison bonds with the mysterious girl from her dreams who she now must protect when the serial killer eyes the girl as the next target. Also, Joe expresses reluctance when he gets some added job responsibilities.|
|114||19||"Sal"||Craig Sweeny||Craig Sweeny & Doug Magnuson||6.28||April 30, 2010|
|After a neighbor is murdered, Allison's fears for her own family prompt her to install a high-tech talking burglar alarm, which she later suspects may be communicating with Marie. Also, Ariel meets a ghost who could help her get into the college of her choice.|
|115||20||"Time Keeps on Slipping"||Miguel Sandoval||Heather Mitchell & Robert Doherty||7.12||May 7, 2010|
|After staying awake for many hours studying for an important test that will change her future, a distressed Ariel begins to lose hours and then years of time in her life. She then must solve a crime that happened in her past and looks to her future self to find out how to get back to the present.|
|116||21||"Dead Meat"||Arlene Sanford||Michael Narducci & Robert Doherty||6.22||May 14, 2010|
|When an animal rights activist working undercover at a farm goes missing, Allison befriends a pig that could hold the key to the woman's whereabouts. Also, Joe's special birthday gift from Marie leaves him wondering how she was able to obtain it.|
|117||22||"It's a Wonderful Death"||Aaron Lipstadt||Craig Sweeny & Shaun Kasser & Samir Mehta||6.82||May 21, 2010|
|In the season finale, Allison's brain tumor resurfaces, with an aftermath that could result in life changing consequences for her friends and family. But when Ariel receives an acceptance letter from her University of choice, Allison must begin to realize that she must let her daughter become a strong and confident woman.|
- "CBS WINS PREMIERE WEEK IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54" (Press release). CBS Press Express. 2009-09-29. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- "CBS WINS IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54 FOR THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE WEEK" (Press release). CBS Press Express. 2009-10-06. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- "CBS DOMINATES THE WEEK IN VIEWERS AND KEY DEMOS" (Press release). CBS Press Express. 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- "Prime-time Tv Rankings ABC bucks season trend". Los Angeles Times. 2009-10-21. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "'Big Bang' viewership explodes". Los Angeles Times. 2009-10-30. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "Prime-time Tv Rankings - Page 2 - Los Angeles Times". Los Angeles Times. 2009-11-05. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "Prime-Time TV Rankings". Los Angeles Times. 2009-11-11. p. 2. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- Seidman, Robert (2009-11-14). "TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen Ratings for Friday, November 13, 2009; House ratings , Ghost Whisperer ratings, Medium ratings, Law & Order ratings, The Jay Leno Show ratings, Numb3rs ratings, Supernanny ratings, Ugly Betty ratings, Bones ratings Law & Order ratings, Smallville ratings, America's Next Top Model ratings – TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Seidman, Robert (2009-11-21). "TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen Ratings for Friday, November 20, 2009; House ratings, Ghost Whisperer ratings, Medium ratings, Law & Order ratings, The Jay Leno Show ratings, Numb3rs ratings, Supernanny ratings, Ugly Betty ratings, Bones ratings Law & Order ratings, Smallville ratings, America's Next Top Model ratings – TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Seidman, Robert (2009-12-05). "TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen Ratings for Friday, December 4, 2009; 20/20 ratings, Dollhouse ratings, Ghost Whisperer ratings, Medium ratings, Dateline ratings, Muppets Christmas Ratings, The Jay Leno Show ratings, Numb3rs ratings, Dreams Come True: A History of Disney Animation ratings, Ugly Betty ratings, Smallville ratings, America's Next Top Model ratings – TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- "Nielsen Ratings Primetime ratings for the week of Jan. 3-10". Los Angeles Times. 2010-01-13. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "Prime-Time TV Rankings". Los Angeles Times. 2010-01-22. p. 1. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "CBS WINS THE WEEK IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54" (Press release). CBS Press Express. 2010-02-02. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- Seidman, Robert (2010-02-06). "TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen Ratings for Friday, February 5, 2010; Kitchen Nightmare ratings, Smallville ratings, House ratings, Law & Order ratings, Dateline NBC ratings, Supernanny ratings, Shark Tank ratings, 20/20 ratings, Ghost Whisperer ratings, Medium ratings, The Jay Leno Show ratings, Numb3rs ratings – TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- "Nielsen TV Ratings". Los Angeles Times. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "National Nielsen Viewership Nielsen Ratings March 8–14, 2010". Los Angeles Times. 2010-03-17. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "Weekly prime-time television rankings March 29-April 4". Los Angeles Times. 2010-04-07. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "SLAM DUNK WEEK FOR CBS -- FIRST IN VIEWERS AND ADULTS 25-54" (Press release). CBS Press Express. 2010-04-13. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- Seidman, Robert (2010-05-03). ""Smallville" & "Miami Medical" Adjusted Down in Friday Finals – TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Seidman, Robert (2010-05-10). ""Party Down’s" Ratings Still Not Festive + "Stargate Universe" and other Friday Finals". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- Seidman, Robert (2010-05-15). "TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen Ratings for Friday, May 14, 2010; Ghost Whisperer ratings, Medium rating, Miami Medical rating, Wife Swap ratings, Primetime: What Would You Do Ratings, 20/20 ratings, Friday Night Lights Ratings, Dateline ratings, House ratings, Smallville ratings, 20/20 ratings – TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Seidman, Robert (2010-05-22). "TV Ratings: Overnight Nielsen Ratings for Friday, May 21, 2010; Ghost Whisperer ratings, Medium rating, Miami Medical rating, Wife Swap ratings, Primetime: What Would You Do Ratings, 20/20 ratings, Friday Night Lights Ratings, Dateline ratings, House ratings, Smallville ratings, 20/20 ratings – TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.com. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- List of Medium episodes at the Internet Movie Database
- List of Medium season 6 episodes at TV.com
- Medium at epguides.com
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language