Leonard R. N. Ashley
Leonard R. N. Ashley (born December 5, 1928 in Miami) is an American writer on the English language. He was for many years professor of English at Brooklyn College. Aside from more serious works on English drama and poetry, he is also known for his series of populist dictionaries of the occult.
- Nineteenth-century British drama; an anthology of representative plays
- George Peele
- Elizabethan Popular Culture
- Colley Cibber
- Mirrors for Man: 26 Plays of the World Drama
- British Short Stories: Classics and Criticism
- "Unhappy all the time": Religion in Anthony Burgess's Earthly Powers.
- What I Know About You: 100 Lesbian & Gay New York Voices
- Cornish Names
- What's in a Name?: Everything You Wanted to Know
- The Complete Book of Devils and Demons
- The Complete Book of Vampires
- The Complete Book of the Devil's Disciples
- The Complete Book of Spells, Curses and Magical Recipes
- The Complete Book of Ghosts and Poletergeists
- The Complete Book of Werewolves
- The Complete Book of Sex Magic
- The Complete Book of Magic and Witchcraft
- Amazing World Of Superstition
- The Complete Book of Superstition, Prophecy and Luck
- Ripley's Believe it Or Not! Book of the Military
- Complete Book of Numerology
- The complete book of dreams and what they mean
- The Wonderful World of Superstition, Prophecy, and Luck
- Tales of Mystery and Melodrama
- Men of achievement: Volume 15 1992 ASHLEY Leonard (Raymond) (Nelligan). b. 5 Dec 1928. Miami. Florida. USA Prof English, Writer, Edit Education: BA 1st class hons 1949, MA 1950, McGill Univ. Canada, AM 1953, PhD 1956. Princeton Univ, US
- The International authors and writers who's who Ernest Kay - 1989 ASHLEY Leonard R(aymond) N(elligan). b. 5 Dec. 1928, USA. Professor of English; Writer; Editor; Poet. Education BA. 1 st Class Honours 1949, MA 1950, McGill University; AM 1953, PhD 1956, Princeton University
- Elizabethan popular culture - Page 2 Leonard R. N. Ashley - 1988 "Elizabethan Popular Culture is an anthology which attempts to provide a more recent and specific account of what Professor G. B. Harrison attempted in a book published the year I was born, England in Shakespeare's Day
- Leonard R. N. Ashley - Colley Cibber 1989 "About the Author Leonard RN Ashley (Ph.D., Princeton) is professor of English at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York. His interests in linguistics are attested to by his past presidencies of the American Name Society and..
- Library journal: Volume 126, Issues 6-11 William White - 2001 The Complete Book of Werewolves Dr. Leonard RN Ashley $14.95 • ISBN 1-56980-159-2 • Paper The latest installment in Dr. Ashley's series on the occult is the ultimate resource for information on the werewolf."