|Look up latinisation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Latinisation or Latinization could refer to:
- Latinisation of names, a literary practice of writing a name in a Latin style when writing in Latin
- the representation of different writing systems in the Roman alphabet, also called romanization or romanisation
- Latinisation (USSR), the campaign in the USSR during the 1920s and 1930s to replace traditional writing systems for numerous languages with the Latin alphabet
- Latinization (historical), the spread of Roman culture, law, and language, also referred to as Romanization (cultural)
- Liturgical Latinisation, the adoption of practices from Western Christianity by the Eastern Churches
- the giving of Greek or Latin binomial names to identified species; see binomial nomenclature
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language