Nye Kystlink AS, trading as kystlink, was a Norwegian ferry shipping company that operates between Langesund in Norway and Strömstad, Sweden and Hirtshals, Denmark. The company was wholly owned by Taubåtkompaniet, owned by Ole T. Bjørnevik, and operated one cruiseferry, MS Kongshavn. It ceased operations on 21 October 2008.
The company was established in 2006, following the bankruptcy of Kystlink AS. The company acquired MS Pride of Telemark, but the ship had an accident on 11 September 2007, and was for the rest of the companys history in dry dock. After this, Kystlink acquired MS Fantaasia from Estonian Tallink, changing the name to Kongshavn. The ship was described by Håkan Ågård in the Swedish Maritime Administration as the worst he had ever seen, with severe lacks to maintenance, though pointed out the responsibility was that of Tallink and not Kystlink. This point of view had protested by the Estonian Maritime Administration and in July 2008 supported by Paris MOU.
- Rivrud, Kristin; Reuterdahl, Anne-Cathrine (20 October 2008). "Full stopp i ferjetrafikken" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2008-10-20.
- Formo, Rolf (9 October 2008). "Kan være straffbart" (in Norwegian). Telemarksavisa. Retrieved 20 October 2008.
- Heyerdahl, Nicolai (11 September 2007). "«Pride of Telemark» traff molo i Danmark". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Retrieved 20 October 2008.
- Östberg, Dan (11 October 2007). "Sjöfartsinpektionen stoppar Fantasia helt". SvD (in Swedish). Retrieved 20 October 2008.
- Kas "Fantaasia" au on taastatud? File:Meremees 2008, nr 3 (in Estonian)
- Kystlink. "Pressemelding" (Press release) (in Norwegian). Retrieved 26 October 2008.
Media related to Kystlink at Wikimedia Commons
|This article related to a ship transport company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|