|City of license||Tyler, Texas|
|Slogan||"The Station With The Flava"|
|First air date||January 1, 1958|
|Format||Dark (license cancelled May 2011)|
|Power||1,000 watts (day)
92 watts (night)
|Owner||Community Broadcast Group, Inc.|
In 2005, the station encountered financial and technical difficulties resulting in the station's license being temporarily pulled and the KZEY call sign deleted from the database maintained by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on October 19, 2005. Four months after the station was deleted from the database, the station was re-licensed and re-assigned the KZEY call sign by the FCC on February 2, 2006.
In June 2006, the station's owner suffered a stroke and the station went off the air for good in January 2007. In a February 2011 letter to the FCC, the owner indicated that he was surrendering the station's broadcast license as well as the licenses for ten sister stations in similar dire circumstances. On May 2, 2011, the station's license was cancelled and the KZEY call sign assignment was deleted permanently from the FCC database.
- "Directory of Radio Stations in the United States and Canada". Broadcasting Yearbook 1979. Washington, DC: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1979. p. C-223.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved July 28, 2009.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved July 28, 2009.
- "Station Search Details". FCC Media Bureau. May 2, 2011. Retrieved May 7, 2011.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KZEY
- Radio-Locator Information on KZEY
- Query Arbitron's AM station database for KZEY