Juliet R. V. Barker FRSL (born 1958) is a British historian, specialising in the Middle Ages and literary biography. She is the author of a number of well-regarded works on the Brontës, William Wordsworth, and medieval tournaments. From 1983 to 1989 she was the curator and librarian of the Bronte Parsonage Museum.
A biography and summary of each book can be found on her official website, which was launched September 2009.
- The Brontës: Selected Poems
- (1986) The Tournament in England: 1100-1400, Woodbridge, England: The Boydell Press ISBN 0-85115-942-7
- The Brontë Yearbook
- The Brontës
- The Brontës: A Life in Letters
- Charlotte Brontë: Juvenilia 1829-35
- Wordsworth: A Life
- Wordsworth: A Life in Letters
- (2005) Agincourt: The King, the Campaign, the Battle, UK: Little, Brown ISBN 0-349-11918-X
- (2007) The Deafening Sound of Silent Tears: The Story of Caring For Life
Honours and awards
Juliet Barker was recognized as one of the youngest ever recipients of an Honorary Doctorate of Letters, awarded by the University of Bradford. Her books include "The Brontes", which won the Yorkshire Post Book Award and was short-listed for both the AT&T Non-Fiction Prize and the Marsh Biography Award, "The Brontes: A Life in Letters", Wordsworth: A Life", Wordsworth: A Life in Letters".
- Juliet Barkers Official Web Page launched September 2009
- Works by or about Juliet Barker in libraries (WorldCat catalog)