Jifa Gu is a Chinese systems scientist, and Professor of Operations Research and Systems Engineering at the Institute of Systems Science, Academy of Mathematics and System Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Gu graduated in Peking University majoring Computational mathematics, and got his Ph. D in USSR Academy of Sciences majoring Operations Research. He had been Professor in Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology for four years. He is currently Professor of Operations Research and Systems Engineering at the Institute of Systems Science, Academy of Mathematics and System Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Part time Professor of Management school of Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, part time professor of Management School of Dalian University of Technology.
Gu is honorary editor of the journal Systems Research and Behavioral Science. He had been the President of Systems Engineering Society of China, President of International Federation for Systems Research.
Gu has published 200 papers and more than 30 books and proceedings. A selection:
- 1995. Multiple Criteria Decision Making
- 2000. Dealing with Human Relations in Chinese System Practice. With Gerald Midgley and David Campbell.
- 2000. A Study on System Science and Engineering.. With Guozhi Xu and Hongan Che. Shanghai: Shanghai Science and Technology Education Press.
- 2005. IFSR 2005 - The New Roles of Systems Sciences for a Knowledge-based Society, Kobe 2005. Edited with Gerhard Chroust. Jaist Press, Komatsu, Japan.
- 2006. Towards knowledge synthesis and creation. With Yoshiteru Nakamori, Zhongtuo Wang and Xijin Tang.
- 2005. "Meta-synthesis approach to complex system modeling". With Xijin Tang. In: European Journal of Operational Research 166(3): 597-614.
- 2007. "Exploring Computational Scheme of Complex Problem Solving Based on Meta-Synthesis Approach". With Yijun Liu and Wenyuan Niu. In: International Conference on Computational Science (4) 2007: 9-17
- 2007. "Debating and Creativity Support". With Andrzej P. Wierzbicki. In: Creative Environments 2007: 127-154
- About his work
- Systems Research and Behavioral Science : Editorial Board. Retrieved 3 June 2008.