Jessica Faye Carter
|Jessica Faye Carter|
|Alma mater||Duke University School of Law
The Fuqua School of Business
|Notable awards||Axiom Business Book Award (Career Category, 2008)|
Jessica Faye Carter is an American lawyer, author, and businesswoman. She is the founder and chief executive officer of Nette Media, a company specializing in social media technologies for women. Her award-winning book, Double Outsiders, was published in 2007 by JIST Works.
Carter is a nationally recognized expert on cultural and gender diversity in the workplace and advises corporations, organizations and educational institutions. She is a contributor to True/Slant and a columnist for Examiner.com. She is a frequent presenter at conferences.
Carter holds a Juris Doctor from the Duke University School of Law and Master of Business Administration from The Fuqua School of Business, a Master of Divinity from Princeton Theological Seminary and a Bachelor of Arts from Spelman College. During her studies at Duke Law, she was editor-in-chief of the Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy.
- Carter, Jessica Faye, Double Outsiders (JIST Works, 2007, ISBN 1-59357-386-3)
- Nette Media – http://nettemedia.com/about
- Official Website
- "Seven Ways to Help Supervisors to 'Get' Diversity," by Celeste Blackburn, EmploymentLawPost.com, February 15, 2009.
- "Leave none behind," National Law Journal, December 8, 2008.
- "Secrets of Success," Working Mother, June/July 2008.
- "Book Reviews" by Soroya Brantley, The Network Journal, March 2008.
- "Black CEOs: a tiny group shrinks more," by Ellen Simon, Associated Press, Nov. 7, 2007.
- "Interviewers Shocked When Interviewee Is Not What They Expect," "At Work," (column) by Lindsay Novak, 2007.